Audi UK Track day

Daveotto

Staff member
Reaction score
Just got an invite to the following which I duly accepted

Audi Sport Race Track Initiative pilot taking place at Bedford Autodrome from 16-18 November 2015.

As it has the word "pilot" in the wording think it might be something new or a little different, anyone been to a similar event or any idea on what to expect?

Anyone else get an invite

Reactions: Sandra
Very much doubt they would let Joe public ride in a pilotless car at street legal speeds let alone on a high speed track...nice thought though.

P.S the RS7 is a seriously good looking car

Just got an invite to the following which I duly accepted

Audi Sport Race Track Initiative pilot taking place at Bedford Autodrome from 16-18 November 2015.

As it has the word "pilot" in the wording think it might be something new or a little different, anyone been to a similar event or any idea on what to expect?

Anyone else get an invite
Could be the All new R8?

@Sandra just had the call and it has been confirmed as a drive and be driven track day for the all new R8 :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Together with a new TTS loan for the weekend and it dont get much better than that from a car perspective!!!

The S3 is starting to look a bit slow!!!!

@Sandra just had the call and it has been confirmed as a drive and be driven track day for the all new R8 :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

Together with a new TTS loan for the weekend and it dont get much better than that from a car perspective!!!

The S3 is starting to look a bit slow!!!!
Sounds good Dave. I had a feeling that's what it would be. You have fun and we want pics please. Enjoy :) x

Yes of course :grinning:

I might be able to bring the TTS to the Audi Driver International on Saturday if can juggle my weekend around.

P.S hope you leave the Swindon Hilton in a decent state at the weekend as i have a business meeting there on Monday ...lol

Reactions: Sandra
What a great day.......

R8 plus - dozen 1.8 mile laps laps alone except for a paired driver, no sign of an instructor except in the pace car, even managed to get the tyres to squeal and the ABS to work overtime.

RS7 - not as good looking in the flesh and not really my cup of tea but great fun launch controlling it to around 65mph and slamming on the anchors to swerve round an obstacle.

RS3 - certainly felt at home, slalom and obstacle course time trial...absolutely awesome and as much fun as the R8. We were last group of three and the tyres looked pretty shot to me at the end.

Pics are not so good but it was about the driving and not the posing

P.S is the RS3 worth the premium over the S3. IMHO having driven one NO. Save the money towards the R8

And S3 looked very underpowered in the car park

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackwhite, Scottyg, rvtb101 and 1 other person
Awesome stuff Dave, sounds like you had a blast :)

Nice dave thanks for sharing love the white R8, l thought the RS3 was a awesome bit of kit lt felt far faster but anyhow l declined Audi's offer of this now I am wishing l didn't but hey ho

Nice dave thanks for sharing love the white R8, l thought the RS3 was a awesome bit of kit lt felt far faster but anyhow l declined Audi's offer of this now I am wishing l didn't but hey ho

Yes is very faster and so much fun round a slalom course but I struggle to get full potential out of the S3 on UK roads as I live in the crowded south so IMHO the RS3 would be a bit wasted on my

Reactions: Jassyo06