Collection day reactions..

blodwen715

Reaction score
Having seen loads of pics on here of peeps collecting their cars from the dealer, wondered about how peeps/dealers react to this occasion?

Firstly I have ordered an S3 due hopefully in about 4 or 5 weeks. I have never owned an Audi before although every car I have had less my first one has been new (7 over 28 year period). To be honest I only seem to remember picking up a few of them and what I did other than been handed the keys and driving off. I have had one instance where I didn’t fully check the car and after a year or 2 of ownership found an issue that could have only happened during manufacture, to then go through the pain of getting a warranty repair.

So does everyone get carried away with the occasion and just think of driving off in their new pride and joy or actually do a full inspection (lift the bonnet, get on hands and knees…etc.) and be emotionally neutral? Obviously once you have driven away you then give a big YESSSSSSSS!

I haven’t yet been told of the handover process, but I assume this is similar in all dealers (Audi process) seeing all collection bays seem the same?

I'd check the car was fitted with all the options you actually ordered..... There are a few of us on here who've had options missed out had the wrong finish on bits of trim etc....

Reactions: Daveotto and A3_Rider
I got there early and went around every inch of the car looking for dings and scratches, I found a tiny scuff on one of the alloys and got a new one to replace it :) If it's a nice day, get them to pull it outside as it's easier to see any marks in daylight.

Reactions: A3_Rider
Ah reliving my collection, I was down, upset having a miserable time and just wanted to collect and go :(.

When I arrived and saw said beauty sat there though ... ohhhh :hubbahubba:

I got there early and went around every inch of the car looking for dings and scratches, I found a tiny scuff on one of the alloys and got a new one to replace it :) If it's a nice day, get them to pull it outside as it's easier to see any marks in daylight.
Did they change that alloy wheel..or did they give you a new wheel.and let you also keep the damaged one pal

They changed it and they kept the old one...I did get the R8 for a day whilst they did it though ;)

I even paint marked the inside of each alloy just to make sure that they didn't try to do a repair and switch the wheels around lol. When I got home all paint marks were where I'd left them and no paint mark on the wheel that needed changing, so I knew it was a new alloy :D

I made a checklist and forced myself to go through it, just wanted to go and drive it! The paintwork was completely swirl/mark free, then I got a big stone chip in the centre of the bonnet on the way back :(

Pretty much the dealer walked me around the car, went through how MMI works etc and then left me to look around it + go back in for questions or if anything was missing.

My personsal reactions where probably the best l ever had,my son sold me my Focus ST3...it was a great day,but my first Audi was a more special day for me,l knew everything about the car as l always do...lol...so do your homework before...Posh showroom...yeah ye do get carried away.....take in every moment it's special .....and photos for us Anoraks
Even let me mum drive it first...back home As it was Mothers Day....Perfect.....l drove home in a Fiesta Diesel ....lol

Too sum up it is a Overwelming experience getting your first Audi

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
My personsal reactions where probably the best l ever had,my son sold me my Focus ST3...it was a great day,but my first Audi was a more special day for me,l knew everything about the car as l always do...lol...so do your homework before...Posh showroom...yeah ye do get carried away.....take in every moment it's special .....and photos for us Anoraks
Even let me mum drive it first...back home As it was Mothers Day....Perfect.....l drove home in a Fiesta Diesel ....lol

Too sum up it is a Overwelming experience getting your first Audi

Yep I would echo this completely, except I didn't let me Mum drive it!! lol

They treat you like a king.........and so they bleedin well should for the money your throwing at it ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Well I intend to the be emotionless until I have checked it over and then completed all necessary paperwork.
Pet hates are window stickers and crooked number plates, cant believe I see so many (posh) cars with wonky plates :rage:

Well I intend to the be emotionless until I have checked it over and then completed all necessary paperwork.
Pet hates are window stickers and crooked number plates, cant believe I see so many (posh) cars with wonky plates :rage:

Come on now mate, cup half full............... !! lol

No stickers in mine on collection, and the plates were so straight I saw a spirit level run off crying ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06
I would advise telling the dealer beforehand no stickers and no screwing on the plates.

I can't believe some folks even allow the dealer to put a sticker on the rear bodywork!! (eg Vindis)

They changed it and they kept the old one...I did get the R8 for a day whilst they did it though ;)

I even paint marked the inside of each alloy just to make sure that they didn't try to do a repair and switch the wheels around lol. When I got home all paint marks were where I'd left them and no paint mark on the wheel that needed changing, so I knew it was a new alloy :D

Er ...

6b94a5a3492799f22622392eaa882d0c.jpg

;) TX.

Reactions: jimojameso and Jassyo06
I made a list for myself as well, otherwise I knew that I would get over excited and forget to check the car over.

Me and my son checked it over fully inside and out and it only took a few minutes (he is 16 and was on his knees checking the bumpers and wheels for scuffs) - I also checked to make sure they remembered the jack, first aid kit and all the other bits were there.

Er ...

6b94a5a3492799f22622392eaa882d0c.jpg

;) TX.
lol I know it's taking it to the extreme, but I work in the industry and see what goes on with cars before they even leave the factory, let alone when the dealerships get their hands on them!

I remember when I bought my first new car at the age of 25, I had to take it back a few days later as the side mirror had stopped working, whilst sorting it out they had managed to put a 1 inch scratch on the inside sill of the door! When I saw it I was not happy at all, I went back in to see the bloke I'd been dealing with, he came out to have a look and his reply was "It's OK you can't see it when the door is shut"...needless to say I hit the room and demanded to see his boss :)