yourAudi - Track New Car Order

Went from build date 12th March straight to assembly! I must be the only person on here wanting things to slow down! Existing lease runs until 6th May!!

Went from build date 12th March straight to assembly! I must be the only person on here wanting things to slow down! Existing lease runs until 6th May!!
Mine was 5th March and did exactly the same thing the week before. Then it sat in QC for a week and actually left the factory yesterday.

Turns out all the previous steps are just generated automatically and you'll now most likely see it change daily and then sit in the QC step until it's actually competed production.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi all... Quick question.

I have just placed the Order for my Avant through a leasing company (very exciting!) - ordered middle of last week.

Just checked on the Audi to see progress, using the Audi Order Number and I assumed the Leasing companies PostCode, but details are incorrect or no such order. Does it take a while (10 working days) to appear on the Audi system?

Thanks
A

Hi all... Quick question.

I have just placed the Order for my Avant through a leasing company (very exciting!) - ordered middle of last week.

Just checked on the Audi to see progress, using the Audi Order Number and I assumed the Leasing companies PostCode, but details are incorrect or no such order. Does it take a while (10 working days) to appear on the Audi system?

Thanks
A
Hi Adrian and welcome!

Yes it can take a couple of weeks to show, but once you're in it's like an addiction - must check every day!

What have you ordered / spec?

Hi Adrian and welcome!

Yes it can take a couple of weeks to show, but once you're in it's like an addiction - must check every day!

What have you ordered / spec?

I can only imagine :)

I have ordered the S line 1.4 TFSI S tronic with the Tech pack, had to have the virtual cockpit and extended lighting pack in Brilliant Black, next job I believe is to invest in a pressure washer to keep it clean!

I have been told it is likely to be Mid-June, seems a life time away... but makes no odds as my current lease ends 1st July. Bit of an upgrade from a Vauxhall.

Reactions: AlnSaz

I have ordered the S line 1.4 TFSI S tronic with the Tech pack, had to have the virtual cockpit and extended lighting pack in Brilliant Black, next job I believe is to invest in a pressure washer to keep it clean!

I have been told it is likely to be Mid-June, seems a life time away... but makes no odds as my current lease ends 1st July. Bit of an upgrade from a Vauxhall.

For what it's worth, I ordered mid January and the dealer told me it would arrive mid June. It's since been brought forward twice, and is now expected to arrive mid April. So you might find your build date gets brought forward once or twice :)

Congrats on the car and yes you will check daily!

Mine still in Emden, City of Sunderland due back to Tyne with a shipment on the 18th so hopefully it will be on it. Looks like end of march is gonna be tight. Think its worse now knowing it is built and just sitting waiting somewhere.

Do they always ship your car to the port nearest to your dealer, or is it random?

My car has been on the train for 3 days now, according to the tracking!

Do they always ship your car to the port nearest to your dealer, or is it random?

My car has been on the train for 3 days now, according to the tracking!

Far as I know its geographical - think all Scottish and Northern England cars come in via Tyne with Grimsby and Sheerness covering the remainder of the UK, don't know where the boundaries are. Looks like Tyne only gets one shipment from Emden a week and I guess this will cover VW etc as well.

Yep, and got no satisfying answer! Might have to wait till I finally get an estimated build week and then escalate with Audi. At least then I will know what I'm dealing with (2 weeks without a car or 2 months or maybe longer). Problem at the minute is I've no idea. Once I know, and with an order form that states "May" for delivery, then maybe, just maybe, Audi may be willing to help (I'm expecting not though!)
Any update ahm?

Now expected to begin construction on 26.03.18 so has been brought forward 1 week!

And dealer now thinks delivery will be late April/early May as opposed to late May/early June as originally thought.

All I can think of now is... we’re in March and I could have the car in April!!!

Any update ahm?

Wish I had one! Still no build week. Still thinking of waiting for a build week before escalating with Audi. No idea what to do at the minute!

Wish I had one! Still no build week. Still thinking of waiting for a build week before escalating with Audi. No idea what to do at the minute!
Damn that's not good. I'd escalate to Audi now. What you got to lose?

Damn that's not good. I'd escalate to Audi now. What you got to lose?

The problem is that when I raised it a few weeks ago, Audi said it's up to the dealer as to whether they would support me for any time without a car. However, the dealer is adament that there is nothing they can do, and I either will have to hire a car at my own cost or extend my current lease (which involves the extra cost of having to service it). I found Audi Customer Services quite uselss tbh, especially because the order hasn't even been confirmed, so they have no info at all. Was hoping that if the order at least got confirmed with a build week, and a delay was then confirmed and on paper, then I could raise a complaint and maybe they would help.

Nice spec! You'll never have another car without VC and the extended LED, awesome options

It's worth the wait and boy will you notice a difference in the drive and quality!

Reactions: NevMan and Adrian76
Oh I feel for you guys who are waiting. Mine took from 4th July until 14th December to get to me! Following the tracker is painful but once the car is here you soon forget. Good luck all!

Oh I feel for you guys who are waiting. Mine took from 4th July until 14th December to get to me! Following the tracker is painful but once the car is here you soon forget. Good luck all!
It's really hard not to keep checking it!

Seems like the transit process in particular for Audi is a total lottery.

Oooo, yey ! :D It was supposed to start on the 19th, so a bit ahead of schedule :)

Upload 2018 3 15 8 47 13

What a fantastic tool this is. Does what it is supposed too and get's us all eager!

What a fantastic tool this is. Does what it is supposed too and get's us all eager!

It would be better if they tracked every car across the factory with a camera, imagine if you could literally watch its journey start to finish... would be great!

Reactions: DohNut and Jsmills
Well ordered my S4 January. Was told to have May/June delivery. It’s now at dealers and they are trying to push for collection.

My current lease ends May so I’m making them wait, but the thought of being able to have it is killing me....

Reactions: Theonenonly
That is torture... My Lease runs out July, so trying not to get too excited yet!

Well ordered my S4 January. Was told to have May/June delivery. It’s now at dealers and they are trying to push for collection.

My current lease ends May so I’m making them wait, but the thought of being able to have it is killing me....

If it's PCP you can legally cancel and return it if you're more than 50% through your lease. It's not very well known, but it's true. There is a small admin fee to pay, but you don't owe any remaining monthly rentals.

If it's contract hire, you can return it early for 50% of the remaining rentals. So if you had 4 months left at £250 a month totalling £1000, you can return it for 50% of that - so £500.

"PCP finance agreements can be ended early if you’ve already repaid more than half the total finance amount – including interest and fees. Sign the car back over to the dealer through a Voluntary Termination clause and you won’t have to make any more monthly payments."

Reactions: Jsmills and Adrian76
Thanks, yes it’s PCH I can hand it back for 50% charges but it just bumps the ownership cost so I’m being good and waiting... can’t moan too much I swap every 2 years...

The whole VT thing is a grey area, while they can’t mark your credit file, they can and do mark you internally making getting a new PCP a nightmare particularly with VWFS which would affect Seat, Skoda, VW and Audi purchases.

Thanks, yes it’s PCH I can hand it back for 50% charges but it just bumps the ownership cost so I’m being good and waiting... can’t moan too much I swap every 2 years...

The whole VT thing is a grey area, while they can’t mark your credit file, they can and do mark you internally making getting a new PCP a nightmare particularly with VWFS which would affect Seat, Skoda, VW and Audi purchases.

Fair enough!. I am returning my PCH early because it's actually saving me money. The A4 is less than 50% of the monthly cost of my Cupra (Long annoying story, but basically I got a bad deal at the time). So it is saving me money overall by returning it early and paying the 50%. My Cupra is through Lex Autolease rather than VWFS like my A4. Hopefully they don't share these details between companies...but if they do, then oh well. If I can't get a PCP/PCH again It'll force me to make an actual good financial decision and get an old used car with no monthly payment! probably not a bad idea for the future... :D

Does anyone know if the tech pack comes with a 36 month subscription or just the 3 month trial ? I see conflicting info on Audi's site and different brochures.

Does anyone know if the tech pack comes with a 36 month subscription or just the 3 month trial ? I see conflicting info on Audi's site and different brochures.
I was told 3 years.

Reactions: Jsmills
I was told 3 years.

That would be great, I really hope so. I asked my dealer, and they copy and pasted the same unclear section from PDF that says "Contact your dealer for more info". Which I just did... some of these car salesmen make by blood boil.

Also interested in the cost of the WiFi Data packages that you can get from myAudi if anyone can take a look for me ? I can't look yet as you need to add your car using the VIN which I dont have.

Fair enough!. I am returning my PCH early because it's actually saving me money. The A4 is less than 50% of the monthly cost of my Cupra (Long annoying story, but basically I got a bad deal at the time). So it is saving me money overall by returning it early and paying the 50%. My Cupra is through Lex Autolease rather than VWFS like my A4. Hopefully they don't share these details between companies...but if they do, then oh well. If I can't get a PCP/PCH again It'll force me to make an actual good financial decision and get an old used car with no monthly payment! probably not a bad idea for the future... :D

Your fine with the PCH return at 50% as you are paying your contract in full legitimately. VT of a PCP is a loophole that basically lets you default on your credit.

That would be great, I really hope so. I asked my dealer, and they copy and pasted the same unclear section from PDF that says "Contact your dealer for more info". Which I just did... some of these car salesmen make by blood boil.

Also interested in the cost of the WiFi Data packages that you can get from myAudi if anyone can take a look for me ? I can't look yet as you need to add your car using the VIN which I dont have.
It's a bit confusing, my print out from the dealer says Audi connect 36 mo and Audi connect infotainment 3 mo trial. I didn't really pay much attention as I would just use my phone for streaming services anyway.

BMW wanted £11/mo for a measly 1GB on the WiFi hotspot, so I wouldn't be surprised if Audi isn't dissimilar.

I was told 3 years.
Yup 3 years with the tech pack, it’s on the Configurator, all non tech pack get 3 month trial, but then again no one has actually been charged for it yet, call Audi and they extend it for free it seems

Yup 3 years with the tech pack, it’s on the Configurator, all non tech pack get 3 month trial, but then again no one has actually been charged for it yet, call Audi and they extend it for free it seems

I also asked what happens after the 3 years is up and was told “nothing” as in the subscription just continues. Obviously this could just be sales talk - I have no way of checking.

I also asked what happens after the 3 years is up and was told “nothing” as in the subscription just continues. Obviously this could just be sales talk - I have no way of checking.
Some of the uses of the subscription, allegedly, will be redundant in 2021 when google earth will apparently be turned off. Street view already seems to have ceased in the USA. That leaves us with the connect services...

Hi all, my S4 looks to have left the factory yesterday.

How long is the transport time from factory to delivery at the dealer?

Hi all, my S4 looks to have left the factory yesterday.

How long is the transport time from factory to delivery at the dealer?
Seems like 3-4 weeks is typical. Mine left just over a week ago and is currently sat at the port.