Great introductory model has made my mind up...!

Right&Glory

Reaction score
So went to see another RS3 yesterday to help me on the way to deciding which options to tick. Firstly at this point I have to admire the will of those that ordered 'blind', I love researching too much to be that confident!

So a black RS3 with black leather SS with silver stitching, Black gloss Alloys and the carbon inlays, red brake calipers and sports exhaust. As this was an introductory model there is no mag ride and the inlays were perhaps a sign of things to come, but by no means a certainty when the first models were released to the UK.

I feel silly now, but didn't realise until I saw this car that the carbon is real, hence the £750 price tag (worth it imo).

As for the sports exhaust... Wow! Yes it's loud and when driven hard, as the sales exec demonstrated as we stood on the curb, it sounds amazing. I smiled and looked at my wife as we both agreed immediately there's no way you should have an RS3 without it!!

I'm hoping to order soon, just need to get my ducks in a row. The RS3 in question is up for sale at full retail, but could be owned by next week, so I am sure for someone it will be worth it. But for me it's Catalunya for now (until I get to see one) and then the hunt for the best deal!

I envy all the lucky guys on the list, and hope to be joining you soon!

J

PS the car was at Newbury if anyone wanted to enquire...

Reactions: RGBARGEE
If that car has Carbon already, it's a press car and has been ragged, more launches then Nasa and likely to cause issues as it was one of the very first to be made. I'd stay away...

Reactions: Ashbrummy
So went to see another RS3 yesterday to help me on the way to deciding which options to tick. Firstly at this point I have to admire the will of those that ordered 'blind', I love researching too much to be that confident!

So a black RS3 with black leather SS with silver stitching, Black gloss Alloys and the carbon inlays, red brake calipers and sports exhaust. As this was an introductory model there is no mag ride and the inlays were perhaps a sign of things to come, but by no means a certainty when the first models were released to the UK.

I feel silly now, but didn't realise until I saw this car that the carbon is real, hence the £750 price tag (worth it imo).

As for the sports exhaust... Wow! Yes it's loud and when driven hard, as the sales exec demonstrated as we stood on the curb, it sounds amazing. I smiled and looked at my wife as we both agreed immediately there's no way you should have an RS3 without it!!

I'm hoping to order soon, just need to get my ducks in a row. The RS3 in question is up for sale at full retail, but could be owned by next week, so I am sure for someone it will be worth it. But for me it's Catalunya for now (until I get to see one) and then the hunt for the best deal!

I envy all the lucky guys on the list, and hope to be joining you soon!

J

PS the car was at Newbury if anyone wanted to enquire...

I know that car quite well...I had it for a weekend. It was also driven very hard around Thruxton on the Audi Showcase day (I know I drove it there as well). Its had new brakes, new discs, new tyres, had the oil sensor recall

... Its had quite a few launches!

The way he drove it for us to demo the exhaust provided an insight to it's ragged short life so far!!

Considering you're paying full price for it I'd rather wait for delivery of a bespoke spec, than chance it on this particular example!

Can you order the sports exhaust without mag ride?

I cant find it myself.

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Can you order the sports exhaust without mag ride?

I cant find it myself.
Sports exhaust is part of the dynamic pack can't spec it alone. You can spec the mag ride on its own though

Reactions: DommyR
From general opinion on here the Mag ride seems to make bumpier surfaces a bit more tolerable than the standard set up.

Couple that with the effects of the sports exhaust and it's a must have imo!!

Reactions: Yorrick, DAYTONA 500 and GRE57Y
If the one in Newbury had no Mag ride how come it has sports exhaust.. are you sure.. check the code maybe.

Maybe the Dealer referred to it as a sports exhaust but perhaps he meant the 'standard sports exhaust' rather than the upgrade sports exhaust ..... Both do sound good so I can see how someone that's not heard the upgrade exhaust could be convinced the standard is the sports exhaust as it does sound really good too.

Or it had mag ride and upgrade exhaust.

Or it's a rogue launch car with upgrade exhaust and standard suspension ?

It had sports exhaust (additional) but no mag ride. Also had carbon inlays well before they became part of uk spec. As an introductory model it's one of the first in the uk and as such it was specced before the brochure options for uk were finalised.

Hope that helps

R&G

You'd be mad not to spec Dynamic on the RS3.
It's a RS for crying out loud and magnetic ride really makes that much of a difference to how these cars corner, should really be first option ticked.

Reactions: Right&Glory and RYuill
I must be mad... Don't want noisier exhaust and standard suspension is fine.. Must have pano roof...it's all personal choice..

Reactions: Terminator x
I must be mad... Don't want noisier exhaust and standard suspension is fine.. Must have pano roof...it's all personal choice..

Not mad, no, as you said personal choice and yours is not that bothered by how your car goes round a corner, or the noise it makes.

My personal opinion is that a RS should have these driving related options ticked.
That is what RS is all about......for me.

I am bothered about how my car goes round corners, have had quattro for years and have no doubt the RS3 will be just fine in that respect without Mag ride.