So,what's gonna go wrong this week?

g60go

Reaction score
Ok people,after having to buy a new clutch/flywheel/master cyl last week and taking a day and a half off work to fit it (which in total stands me at about £700 in parts and lost wages!) I'm driving to work this morning which is about 9miles,and my temp gauge is just sitting as follows,bear in mind it normally reaches 90deg and happily sits there constantly after about 3mins of driving/sitting in traffic. So what huge bill am I expecting this week? And what is likely to just about to go wrong on me???

either the temp sensor or thermostat. both of them are easy to replace and the parts are around £10 each.

I did the thermostat with the cambelt/water pump about 7wks ago mate,so the temp sensor you say! Ok,thanks! That's not too bad then,wasn't sure wether it was another signal that the S3 was about to stroke me for £££'s,really don't need any more surprise bills from this car especially not at this moment in time!

Outch! Owning a s3 has it's ups and DOWNS. What clutch flywheel did you go for? Slave aswell?

Last edited:
Yeah,I ordered an LuK clutch and slave mate,LuK flywheel and LuK master cyl. To be honest I think it was the master cyl that gave up the last few days of me driving it,the clutch started slipping about 2mths ago just after I had it mapped but still would've lasted a little longer. Couple of fellas on here advised me to do the master cyl at the same time,upon checking,there was fluid weeping out of the plunger on the pedal end,so that's probably why my pedal hit the floor one morning! So of course I had to do it too!

Yeah mainly heartache! I've ploughed terrible money and time into this car in the 5mths I've owned it! Hopefully it's pretty much about there now(hope so anyway!). After the new year I'm gonna start on the handling side of things now the engine/box stuff is done. Car was owned by a woman for 8yrs before me and I think she must've just tootled about in it,after I got it and started giving it some stick,all sorts of problems started arising(all usual S3 stuff thankfully...). Failing hoses,water pump,clutch.....the list goes on! But fingers crossed she's reliable for a while,I hope so coz I signed up for that Great European Rally 2016 last month,and this is the car in taking all the way to Budapest next year! Really don't want any headaches on that trip.