wheel spacer info please....

Freeman_1986

Reaction score
i bought some hubcentric wheel spacers for my car. now the hub is too big for the hole on the spacers. i contacted the seller who says they are right for the car, but i need to remove the red hub spigot ring and then the spacer would fit.

is this correct? it seems to me that even if it does work then the wheel would no longer sit snugly on the hub/spacer. which would obviously be dangerous.

any info from someone who has fitted them would be appreciated. don't want to do anything that could cause an accident.

thanks

So the spigot rings that are on the car now, don't need to be on there, And I can take them off to see if the spacer fits? Surly the raised bit of the spacer (centre)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444670001101674

Should fit inside the wheel perfectly, but it would be loose?

Then your wheels have the wrong centre bore for your car. Like I said, 57.1mm is our centre bore size.

Spigot rings enable fitment of a whole load of sizes to anything which is smaller.

Ok. So to me best bet sounds to measure the size of the hub with spigot ring on and get spacers with the same size centre to match the wheels + ring

As SK said... VAG fitment is 57.1... if you have OE wheels and it doesn't fit then the spacer is wrong... if you have aftermarket wheels and they go on to your hub with no spacer and with spigot rings then the spacer is wrong...

Your actual best bet is to get something correct for the car in general... spigot rings are used on aftermarket wheels to allow for a variety of fitments... the ones supplied with your wheel should be the right size else you have other issues..

I assume the spacer fits tightly to the hub without moving? if it moves around then the spacer is wrong... spacers and wheels need to fit snugly onto the stub.. thats what its designed for... if your spacers and wheels flop about then they can end up being off centre or worse not clamp flush... this too is wrong..

<tuffty/>

The wheels are bbs reps. So I'm assuming someone put the spigots on to make them fit. They're aren't standard wheels. The spacer doesn't fit over the hub, because of these spigots. But if I removed the spigots, it would fit onto the hub, but the centre of the spacers would be to small for the wheels.

So in conclusion : I've bought spacers that were designed to fit the hub and standard wheels. Not after market....

take the spigot off the wheel hub, put the spacer on the wheel hub, put the spigot on the spacer, put the wheel on

Reactions: superkarl
The wheels are bbs reps. So I'm assuming someone put the spigots on to make them fit. They're aren't standard wheels. The spacer doesn't fit over the hub, because of these spigots. But if I removed the spigots, it would fit onto the hub, but the centre of the spacers would be to small for the wheels.

So in conclusion : I've bought spacers that were designed to fit the hub and standard wheels. Not after market....
take the spigot off the wheel hub, put the spacer on the wheel hub, put the spigot on the spacer, put the wheel on

LMAO... epic fail... do what Alex said... lololol

Brilliant :)

<tuffty/>

Reactions: superkarl
I wasn't to know. Never bought aftermarket wheels before, and never fitted spacers either. Didn't know a hub spigot existed until a couple of hours ago. Whatever. Glad a laugh was had lol ;)

So to be clear, I can take the spigot off the hub, and put them onto the centre of the spacers so they fit the wheel? And all will be good?

yeah, don't forget the bolts after the wheel ;)

Reactions: VAG-Slag and <tuffty/>
I wasn't to know. Never bought aftermarket wheels before, and never fitted spacers either. Didn't know a hub spigot existed until a couple of hours ago. Whatever. Glad a laugh was had lol ;)

So to be clear, I can take the spigot off the hub, and put them onto the centre of the spacers so they fit the wheel? And all will be good?

Yes and then fit the spigot over the end of the spacer else the wheel will not centre... the spigot is part of the wheel... its not a std part of the car... OE wheels don't have spigots as they are the right size to begin with... sorry but I did actual laugh out loud... :D

...every day is a school day dude ;)

How did it take so long for anyone to work this out!? . . lol

Skim read fail on original post... was for me at least...

<tuffty/>

Check you also have the correct bolts, vag bolts are rounded shoulder and most after market rims use tapered shoulders, if you have the wrong ones they won't seat properly.