RS3 vs M2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see them head to head... 0-60 both using launch!

Seen a post on here that the RS3 can launch in 3.9 ;)

TX.

Reactions: RGBARGEE and GRE57Y
Yep,
RS3: 5,0s without Launch Control
RS3: 4,0s with Launch Control

Official time is 4,3s for both (RS3 & M2).
RS3 should be a little faster in real world 0-62mph.

The only thing these cars really have in common is the perceived desirability of their respective badges.

Thank you, I'm here all day :hi:

Reactions: Raw40, GRE57Y, Spaceman_RS3 and 1 other person
The M2's time would be in perfect conditions with zero wheelspin, 99.9% of the time it won't be able to do that. The M4 is something like 4.1 to 60 yet every test I've seen it lights up the tyres and doesn't achieve it

Reactions: 45bvtc, Spaceman_RS3 and GRE57Y
I don't think LC on M3/4 was designed to achieve the best 0-62, since you actually disengage TC and in turn get lots of tyre smoking madness.

Porsche on the other hand uses the system to achieve the best 0-62's with Sport Chrono, which they list in brochure specs with a little *.

The only thing these cars really have in common is the perceived desirability of their respective badges.

Thank you, I'm here all day :hi:

:salute: totally agree both cars are extremely well engineered examples of their kind, just depends on weather you like to hang your *** out for everyone to admire :whistle2: or enjoy driving around corners as quickly as possible :nogarors4:

Reactions: 45bvtc
lol at that Anglesey video :laughing:

Do BMW think the UK public are going to want to buy this car based on it lighting up & shredding its rear tyres on every corner round a track :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: RGBARGEE

Do BMW think the UK public are going to want to buy this car based on it lighting up & shredding its rear tyres on every corner round a track :tearsofjoy:

Maybe they are.... and that people want the GoPro integration to record themselves doing it :)

:tearsofjoy: In the RS3 it is a bit more complicated (They enjoy it as well...)

:salute: totally agree both cars are extremely well engineered examples of their kind, just depends on weather you like to hang your *** out for everyone to admire :whistle2: or enjoy driving around corners as quickly as possible :nogarors4:

Hang you *** / corners as quickly as possible... I think you are refering to M2 on both options :whistle2:

Nurburgring Nordschleife
BMW M2 (F87) 7:58.00
Audi RS5 7:59.00
Audi TT RS Coupe 8:09.00
Audi RS4 (B7) 8:09.00
Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG 8:10.00
VW Golf R (Mk VII) 8:14.00
Audi TTS Coupe 8:15.00
Audi RS3 Sportback (8P) 8:20.00

It's fair enough - it's good to see more sources / info about competitor cars. From my point of view they are competitors: £40-50k performance vehicles from premium brands (I don't need 5 seats). Competition between the companies is only a good thing, and it's not a problem if someone prefers or admires something different!

Reactions: steeve and jimojameso
A sport why you on here with your m2 hardon?

Hmm... check thread title.

I'm here because RS3 was my 1st option for new car (not current model, was waiting for 2016 facelift).

Now im out, RS3 moved to 2nd place. It's a GREAT CAR, of course.
But im in love with M2 :D, is 1st option now, and wait will be less! just begun production!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
It'll get to Kwick Fit a lot quicker for replacement tyres :)

Reactions: monopole
..... and it'll certainly depreciate a lot quicker, as I know from bitter experience :(

If anyone does order one make sure you negotiate a VERY healthy discount ! Otherwise you could lose a packet come part ex time.

M3's & 4's can already be had currently with HUGE discounts.

Audi's certainly hold thier value much better .... from pleasant experience :)

..... and it'll certainly depreciate a lot quicker, as I know from bitter experience :(

If anyone does order one make sure you negotiate a VERY healthy discount ! Otherwise you could lose a packet come part ex time.

M3's & 4's can already be had currently with HUGE discounts.

Audi's certainly hold thier value much better .... from pleasant experience :)

On order: RS3 nardo grey (March 16 delivery)

You worry too much about money :tearsofjoy:
Your face when RS3 facelift is presented in Geneva 2 weeks before your delivery: :screamcat: -20%:screamcat:

Sorry .... If I touched a nerve.

Reactions: Rs1 and monopole
On order: RS3 nardo grey (March 16 delivery)

You worry too much about money :tearsofjoy:
Your face when RS3 facelift is presented in Geneva 2 weeks before your delivery: :screamcat: -20%:screamcat:
Thought this was an rs3 forum not rubbish bmws.
Go to a bm forum if you want talk about them I'm bored.

Hmm... check thread title.

I'm here because RS3 was my 1st option for new car (not current model, was waiting for 2016 facelift).

Now im out, RS3 moved to 2nd place. It's a GREAT CAR, of course.
But im in love with M2 :D, is 1st option now, and wait will be less! just begun production!

Options selected and ready to order to get something like this:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I started this thread to talk about the relative merits of the RS3 and the M2. I do not have to go to a BMW forum to do that, and if you are bored then I suggest you look on a different thread. It's not as though the thread title is misleading.

Also, depreciation is covered by the GMFV in a PCP arrangement, which is the way the vast majority of cars of this nature are purchased. It cannot come as a surprise, therefore.

Still botin
I started this thread to talk about the relative merits of the RS3 and the M2. I do not have to go to a BMW forum to do that, and if you are bored then I suggest you look on a different thread. It's not as though the thread title is misleading.

Also, depreciation is covered by the GMFV in a PCP arrangement, which is the way the vast majority of cars of this nature are purchased. It cannot come as a surprise, therefore.
Still it is very boring....sense of humour!!!!!

Hmm, you can only say "sense of humour" if what you said was funny, which it wasn't. Your "jokes" are far more boring than an M2, that's for sure!

Hmm, you can only say "sense of humour" if what you said was funny, which it wasn't. Your "jokes" are far more boring than an M2, that's for sure!
Oh dear I've got your goat

To my eye, the wheels let the RS3 look down somewhat.

Judging from your posts, it seems your negativity (sometimes barely incomprehensible as a result of your atrocious grammar) is borne out of insecurity about the decision you've made. Sorry to hear that.

In your posts so far you've taken a swipe at people who like the Golf R, people who question whether the RS3 is right for them, people who like the M2 and so on. Maybe drop the tiny p***s syndrome and just be inwardly content with a decision you've made.

Nobody wants to hear your trolling jibes - you are the boring one.

Judging from your posts, it seems your negativity (sometimes barely incomprehensible as a result of your atrocious grammar) is borne out of insecurity about the decision you've made. Sorry to hear that.
Oh dear.....keep your air on (like the grammar).
This is an RS3 forum as previous people have told you...keep harping on about BMWs are fantastic...go off to a Bmw forum and be in BMW heaven.
Oh by the way don't get personal my old China. Hope you love the grammar.
In your posts so far you've taken a swipe at people who like the Golf R, people who question whether the RS3 is right for them, people who like the M2 and so on. Maybe drop the tiny p***s syndrome and just be inwardly content with a decision you've made.

Nobody wants to hear your trolling jibes - you are the boring one.

I've not said it's amazing. Why don't you actually read what I've written? It's perfectly legitimate to talk about other relevant areas of the market on this forum. You've spoken about brokers such as CarFile - by your own rules why don't you go off and talk about that on a finance forum? This is an RS3 forum, remember?

No, I don't love your grammar. Even when you're trying to make a point, you still can't spell.

And what I've said is no more personal than telling someone, repeatedly, that they are boring.

I've not said it's amazing. Why don't you actually read what I've written? It's perfectly legitimate to talk about other relevant areas of the market on this forum. You've spoken about brokers such as CarFile - by your own rules why don't you go off and talk about that on a finance forum? This is an RS3 forum, remember?

No, I don't love your grammar. Even when you're trying to make a point, you still can't spell.

And what I've said is no more personal than telling someone, repeatedly, that they are boring.
I'm actually an Oxford graduate my friend....grammar and spelling
is a very subjective matter and is all in the holder of the pen or pencil....hope this isn't too deep.
I'm fed up of this thread now so on you go with your bmw luv affair(oops spelling).
Can't wait for my fantastic Rs3 hope you enjoy your BM.
Ta ta for now.

Grammar and spelling categorically is not a subjective matter. Hence the existence of dictionaries.

I'm glad you're getting off the thread, so that it can go back on topic. But in your own words: "Sense of humour?! It looks like I've got your goat".

You can't really compare spec between them, the RS3 comes with LED lights the M2 doesn't, the A45 comes with upgraded Alacantara steering wheel, performance gear shifter, performance paddles, auto park feature, DCT gearbox all of which the M2 doesn't receive. A lot of price quotes are for the manual M2 which is at least a couple of Thousand less than the manual, and if the recent manual vs DCT ratio of the current M3 is anything to go by most will go for the more expensive auto.
Depreciation wise though I can't see it dropping like a stone as some have said, it's limited production so will hold money very well

M2 certainly trumps the RS3 in the looks department, although that's not hard, it's an A3 hatchback with wheels from the 1980's after all.
Bone dry day and I'd always want to drive the M2; rear wheel drive, front engined is the perfect balance for driving.
Any other conditions and you'd cover the ground far quicker in the RS3.

I'm not a BMW fan, but they are definitely improving!

... it's limited production so will hold money very well

All M-cars are, as they say, "made in limited numbers", but thats different to 1M that was limited, because it came at the end of 1-series coupe production. i.e. no more production line, regardless of demand.

This will be more a case of controlling supply to increase/maintain demand.

For my 2p... I love old 70's and 80's BMWs. 2002tii and 'Batmobile CSli' but more recent stuff does nothing for me. As a self confessed petrolhead I look and I drive other brands BMW/MB etc.. but for be Audi provide the best balance of performance, relative anonymity, quality finish, handling, performance and value. BMW have improved slightly from the original 1 series dire Airfix kit plastic but they are still way behind Audi in my option. Sorry BMW and MB, I don't like but Audi need to watch out!

I think most of us are of the "petrol head" mould as we are involved in this environment, we all have different opinions, preferences choices etc. we are allowed to have them.
After seeing photos of the BMW, having had a 3 series BM in the past, my preference would still be the RS3.
Now I could be horrible about the BM and say it's rear end looks like, I hope this is politically correct, a coloured ladies rear end it need tucking in.
It's front end looks like a deformed carp (fish), would be nice if those wheels would fit the RS mind, but I won't as it's just my own opinion and I have no right to be airing it in public.

P.S I think rmj891 is after a job with BMW ..... :whistle2::box:

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, RGBARGEE, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.