Rear Door speaker question A3 '09 Sportback.

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All.

Right, so i have a blown rear door speaker and it sounds horrible, i've made a few calls and it seams it is not straight forward to swap the speakers over to a new set. Car audio direct have told me i have an amp in the car that powers the rear speakers and if i go ahead a swap the rears over i won't get very good sound because of this. Also i need some adaptor rings which they also don't sell.. So now i'm thinking i need to try and find someone who is breaking an A3 and see if i can get an original speaker. does this sound right ?

Thanks Matt.

What speakers do you have? I have a few spare speakers from when I changed mine in the summer.
I sent one to another member of this forum. I think the postage was about £3.

I have a 2004 Sportback. I will find the thread to find the part number for you.

Just checked through the thread and your part # is the same as mine 8P0 035 411. Blaupunkt. That would be great if i could have one from you. PM me your details and i'll send you some funds.
Can i also ask what speakers you put in your car and did it make a big difference to the sound ?

Matt.

Just checked through the thread and your part # is the same as mine 8P0 035 411. Blaupunkt. That would be great if i could have one from you. PM me your details and i'll send you some funds.
Can i also ask what speakers you put in your car and did it make a big difference to the sound ?

Matt.

The speakers I got are detailed in my thread here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/how-to-a3-2004-sportback-speaker-replacement.249768/

My hearing is such that I don't hear upgrades that well. If I were to put the original speakers back, or were to drive another A3 with stock speakers, I know I would hear a big downgrade. I am not sure if that makes sense?

I want to change the had unit too, but haven't had time to do so yet.

I will PM you my details, and get it in the post tomorrow for you.