AG Instant Tyre Dressing

Schuey

Reaction score
I have been using other brands on my tyres for some years, heard a lot of negatives about the AG product on other sites so not really used it up until recently when it was on offer & I thought I'd give it a try.

The pic below is straight onto a wet tyre with no real prep and then left for a week and approx 200 miles.

Pretty impressive and it hasn't turned my tyres brown!

What I Like:

It's readily available and usually on offer
Water based so can go on damp/wet tyres
It's not greasy on application, 50p sponge and its on, no fuss
The finish, glossy or subtle sheen depending on application method & wet/dry tyre
So far it's durability, although rain has been scarce recently

What I Like Slightly Less:

The spray nozzle, needs a bit more control but minor issue as I apply to the sponge first

Summary:

Overall quite happy so far, especially the ease of use and shine, will know a bit more through the winter months on durability. Best thing so far is no tyre wall browning!

Off topic, why I used a rear wheel I do not know, should have pictured the front with wavy disc and RS3 caliper. Sorry......

Reactions: Griffin1989, xpoweruk, Point_Audi and 1 other person
So let's have (another) picture of the sexy disc and Real Sexy caliper...

I have always used Meguiars Endurance Gel as I loved the results it gave.

However I ran out of Meguiars at the weekend and I had three bottles of "Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing" which came as part of wheel kits. So I gave it a go applying using a sponge and to be honest I am impressed. It was a little bit messy at times but gave a nice finish! :)

Another for you to try which I was telling a mate about last night is 'Simoniz Back to Black Tyre Shine' (THIS ONE), I managed to get it when it was on a 3 for 2 offer, so at £3.33 a can it works out good.

I wanted something that was quick and easy now that the weather is getting colder, tried it and two weeks later it still looked good! I put some more on at the weekend, this is from today:

IMG 2721

Reactions: Smir
both look good!

I watch so many videos on youtube, most say what you use doesn't matter, is the amount of effort you use in applying.

I used it on my rubber window trims and it has lasted a long time.

Tried the AG stuff and never really got on with it TBH

My fave is the Megiuars Endurance tyre gel. Just keep going back to it

However, I have just bought some Obsession Wax Nero tyre dressing to try out but haven't used it yet
http://www.obsessionwax.com/nero-tyre-interior-trim-dressing/
Review -
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=342288&highlight=nero

I read it was the Megs that was turning my tyre walls brown? Do you know anything about this or is it a detailing myth?

Just read the obsession review and I now think its time for the dog to get a 'hair dryer' for the winter months :cold::whistle2:

I use Autoglym or Megs Endurance Gel. BUT I don't use AG tyre dressing. I use AG rubber care. Much better staying power and much better sheen. My go to when I run out of Megs! Megs is still my favourite and it smell great.

I read it was the Megs that was turning my tyre walls brown? Do you know anything about this or is it a detailing myth?
@Schuey - Been using the Megs on various tyres on various cars for the last 6 1/2 years without any 'brown' issues
Could be down to bad prep. Tyres should be scrubbed clean with a strong APC before a fresh application of any tyre dressing
Just read the obsession review and I now think its time for the dog to get a 'hair dryer' for the winter months :cold::whistle2:
Lol

I've not long changed from megs endurance (used for years) to Gyeon Tire.
F8307B3C-F67C-4322-B889-27DE76D455B9.jpg

Find application a lot better than megs and if you use a hair dryer/heat gun to cure it it's supposed to last longer. In saying that I've had it on mine over a month without using heat to apply and it still looks good.

Here it was about a week after application.
8EF17937-0D2E-4726-9455-1A4A449CD955.jpg

Reactions: Scottyg
@Schuey - Been using the Megs on various tyres on various cars for the last 6 1/2 years without any 'brown' issues
Could be down to bad prep. Tyres should be scrubbed clean with a strong APC before a fresh application of any tyre dressing

That could be my issue, for maintenance washes I just can't be doing with the whole tyre prep and drying with the megs. I do use AF Citrus Power though to clean the walls and arches about once a month.

The attraction of the AG was that it can be applied to wet tyres which is great for weekly washes.

I shall get the dryer though for sure and see how my enthusiasm improves.

I use autosmart g101 for cleaning the tyre walls think it's about £15 for 5L dilute it 5:1 for tyres and about 20:1 for doing your seats carpets etc.

'Simoniz Back to Black Tyre Shine' 10 days on, no other wash just bad weather!

Well I was going to show an updated pic...but there seems to be a problem uploading images!!! Anyone else getting it?

The following error occurred
There was a problem uploading your file.