VW Emission Scandal - Are we going to get Compensation

They've got mine all day Monday so they'll have plenty of time to get it looking perfect before I try and sell it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've got mine all day Monday so they'll have plenty of time to get it looking perfect before I try and sell it

What letting them wash it with a sponge?

Need it all day the amount of people that were coming and going getting it done while I was in there.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Wonder if the new map will fix my issue in sport mode where it feels like it holds back then goes again between 2000-3000rpm

Once the wife seen the free pack "you'll have to get mine booked in" she's go an a3 black edition, but she swore it wasn't getting touched by them "they'll be lieing to everyone and it'll ruin the cars"

More coffee and cakes for Mark then.

Reactions: IRONy_MAN
We're still not sold on having my wife's done, she bought it from Audi as is, why should she risk a drop in performance or a change to the way it drives because Audi have been caught cheating ?

We're still not sold on having my wife's done, she bought it from Audi as is, why should she risk a drop in performance or a change to the way it drives because Audi have been caught cheating ?
Felt exactly the same as you, but can only go on how mine feels. In a word so far no different.

If audi stole it out of my garage and done it and didn't tell me I wouldn't of know it's been done.

In the US think it's a slightly different story as iirc hardware changes are required as well on some.

Reactions: lfcrule1972
I read that the US situation was different as they generally have much stricter emission controls than we do. I'll keep an eye on the forum, I suspect if issues start cropping up post emission mod I'll be able to read about it ;) Thanks for your thoughts on it though

Reactions: feva
Give the old girl a good blast today, drives spot on imo

@Chris90 tried sports mode mate, seemed faster response. Your more than welcome to have a drive of my car Chris if you want? See what you think? Just let me know and I'll notify passport control to let you in

Haha, don't quite need a passport :p

Just wanted to know how you think it felt. Will have to have a catch up and can have a go etc

Interesting development, I dropped the B8 off this morning (they've given me a B9 saloon for the day) and was due to collect it this evening.

I had previously called and spoken to the guy who fitted and coded my rear lights (they are the pre-facelift LED units upgraded from full halogens) and he advised I request that they leave the coding for the convenience module alone, which I did.

They have just called me to say they can't do the work as it will break the coding for the rear lights. Should they be able to 'work around' this?

Reactions: sky blue sam
Surely the coding for the rear lights is in the convenience module, which is totally seperate to the ECU which they will be updating.

Unless there is other updates they are going to be putting on, then the rear lights shouldnt be affected IMHO

It's not something I know much about, they did say they were going to put an update on the aircon as well, maybe that's the problem?

Cant say for the aircon, but sure thats a HVAC module.

Why not get them to do the update and see what it does...if you need the rear lights coding, then its only a 5minute job for someone with VCDS

That's true, just a bit concerned about driving it around with no brake lights, the guy who coded it initially is based in Leeds and I'm in Hull.

So, lads who have had it done a week or two....Any further updates on the car?

So all I'm my opinion based on my car and my driving, had it done after Google'ing the s**t out of it and seeing others rolling roads figures.

Car still drives lovely, feels slightly more torquey, notifies to change up gear earlier. Mpg appears no different (just going off dash)

Would I recommend getting it done? It's the individual's choice but based on my experience can't see a reason why not to.

I've been using the car now for 1 week since it's been done, mixed roads, mixed driving speeds, feels great.

In the end I called them back and asked them to go ahead with the update, which they did. It does not seem to have affected the rear lights so happy with that. Also I was surprised how big the difference was between the 150bhp courtesy car and my 170bhp model, makes all the difference!

Got mine booked in for the 11th October for the 'emission fix'

After following this thread and checking the rest of the web for post opinions. It seems the difference in car perfomance after the fix is mostly good or no difference.

At least I hope. Since a BHP engine modification is out of the question due to the high insurance premium this now holds.

Got mine booked in for the 11th October for the 'emission fix'

After following this thread and checking the rest of the web for post opinions. It seems the difference in car perfomance after the fix is mostly good or no difference.

At least I hope. Since a BHP engine modification is out of the question due to the high insurance premium this now holds.
Don't forget your free gift, and filling your face with free food and drink

Don't forget your free gift, and filling your face with free food and drink

Plenty of mini packets of Border shortbreads and a spare set of audi dust caps will be good.

So yours still running okay after the fix?

Plenty of mini packets of Border shortbreads and a spare set of audi dust caps will be good.

So yours still running okay after the fix?
Absolutely spot on at the mo.

Car cleaning kit ftw.

I had the original letters, but since changing my reg not had any to say bring it in.
Is this really DVLA mandatory now? saw a mention of letters from DVLA earlier in the thread.
I will 100% be unable to have this done with DPF and EGR mapped out now.

I had the original letters, but since changing my reg not had any to say bring it in.
Is this really DVLA mandatory now? saw a mention of letters from DVLA earlier in the thread.
I've had a look Meemo but unfortunately I can't find my latest letter, but they started off saying it's available (from audi) had 2 of those, last one pretty sure was from the dvla saying I haven't had it done and this work must be undertaken.

If I do find the last letter I'll pop a photo on.

Reactions: Meemo
I've had a look Meemo but unfortunately I can't find my latest letter, but they started off saying it's available (from audi) had 2 of those, last one pretty sure was from the dvla saying I haven't had it done and this work must be undertaken.

If I do find the last letter I'll pop a photo on.

I'm sure we'd have read if it was mandatory, if it was a DVLA requirement I suspect a free gift from Audi wouldn't cover it ;)

I didn't take it as mandatory, just the wording/tone of the recent letter has changed from the others. As said above I'm sure it would be over the papers news etc. If it was being forced.

I think when you mentioned it before it sounded like a strong request, as that is what DVLA want all VAG diesel owners to do, but they don't have the power, as far as I know, to force owners to do it. My wife has a diesel A1 but that fix isn't ready yet..... I'll keep an eye out for the letters when they arrive.

Here is a copy last letter I got in September

IMG 1325
IMG 1326

Think that was letter before my last one. Had a few of them.

Might just get mine booked in for sometime next month. And hope it fixes my flat spot.

Reading from the letter it is not the DVLA who wish this work done.
It is the DVSA. Not had anything from the DVLA.

It is what Audi is saying that I'm more interested in 'confirming NO change to vehicle's performance and Torque'

Comp

Which again I hope this is true or it will be more than a set of free dust caps or car cleaning kit, I'll be wanting.

After having had a bit of a drive the power seems to be the same as it was to me. I would agree with the earlier gear change recommendation, but that can be turned off if you don't want it anyway.

After having had a bit of a drive the power seems to be the same as it was to me. I would agree with the earlier gear change recommendation, but that can be turned off if you don't want it anyway.

Gave mine a really good motorway blade last night, perfect.

Spoke to the guy at Audi who sold me the car 3 years ago.
He said that i can reject the update and just have to come in and sign a disclaimer to reject the update and they will update the main database to stop any further letters.

Reactions: feva and mpc
That's how I understood the update letters to work. I queried it on my wife's A1 1.6TDI on the first letter and the dealer told me then they couldn't record it yet but they would be able to record are opt-out eventually and then the car's record would show we didn't want it done.

From memory there was no talk of a remap on the A1 diesel....

Had my A3 done today. They gave me an A1 in White for hire, which in my opinion looks a little girly!

Also asked them to replace on of my DRL while they had the car (Keep meaning to see Turps but haven't had the time!)
Anyway, get a call at lunchtime saying they need to take the bumper off to replace the bulb which would be £160 which I said no to!

Then collect the car after work, all washed and vacuumed. I also got to chose a free 'Gift' which I chose the wash kit as I liked the bag
Would have preferred some new mats as mine need replacing! or maybe a free MoT or service ;)

Driven it to Tesco tonight and back home, but no performance change as of yet, Ill keep you updated it I notice any difference! Normally £10 gets me 100 miles

So, does one just rock up to Audi and upon providing them with my reg they will let me know if my car has any recalls?

I'm going there tomorrow anyway so can do it whilst I'm there :)

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

So, does one just rock up to Audi and upon providing them with my reg they will let me know if my car has any recalls?

I'm going there tomorrow anyway so can do it whilst I'm there :)

Yeah they will tell you all outstanding recalls.

Reactions: Audigit
Thank you. Still adjusting to the new brand and newer car.