Another newbie looking to join the community.

Simon Pearce

Reaction score
Hello to all.

I am a new member and looking to soon be new a new owner. I currently have been fairly loyal to the BMW brand, although did have a 2 months stint in an A6 which i was selling on for my old man when he moved abroad.

Currently own the following.
BMW Z4 M Coupe
BMW E36 M3 Evo Coupe - Individual Spec
BMW E36 328 - Track car

I bought the Z4 M Coupe a year ago as a relatively fun car to use with little depreciation. I have put 11k miles on it over the year and have been offered £1000 more than what i paid. Given that none of the above cars are really practical the plan is to get rid of the Z4, put some money into the house, and pick up a relatively cheap (£3/£4k) Audi Estate, or should i say Avant, to run as a daily.

With that in mind here i am to find out what i can expect for my budget and what to look out for in terms of wear and tear or problem items. Ideally i would want a Quattro and would need to be manual, oh and definitely not a black car as i have had enough of trying to keep black cars clean.

Would welcome any pointers on threads to read through regarding buying advice.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi Simon, welcome to Audi-sport.net. If you look at top of each individual section/chassis there are faqs threads with lots of useful info in there. Good luck with choosing a car and we look forward to pics. Enjoy the forum :) x

Thanks Sandra. Yes i think i need to get onto wikipedia to understand all the revisions of each model and the acronyms that relate to the age of the car. Once i get my head round that i will get into the right sort of sections and do some reading.