s3 judder

sbarker

Reaction score
Only done 1800. Miles in my new s3 noticed sometimes seem to get bit juder from standstill, should I worry ? Could this be transmission take up ? I have manual. Noticed clutch seems quite light and high bite point too. What's others like ?

any views anyone ?

Reactions: Andrew D
Do you mean judder when you are entirely stationary and the engine is idling?

Last edited:
No I mean its a bit juddery when pulling away like it traction issue, or taking up slack or something. If I am on slope like on my drive I wondered if it was juggling traction front to back or is it clutch judder ?? Like I said pedal actual seems very light and its quite high bite point too

Oh right..since your still under warranty I would just book it in and ask them to have a look, maybe see if a master tech can come out with you so you can demonstrate the issue? My local dealership have always been happy to do so..

Probably not going to be much help as I drive an S-Tronic. Only thing remotely similar I have experienced is when slowing down to a stop abruptly, the gearbox sometimes takes a second longer to catch up and judders a bit.

Secondly I test drove a manual S3 that had about 4k on the clock. Clutch bite was very high but pedal itself was very heavy.

DMF ?
Clutch pedal not that heavy in mine at all

If the flywheel starts to break up or mis align, it can cause juddery symptoms on take up of clutch

^^ all the more reason to take it down to the garage anyway!

Reactions: veeeight
I found this as well, but it is improved substantially on setting the tyre pressures correctly, when they're cold. Did you discover anything?

Mine's a manual, I have no judder on take up at all, clutch is nice and light too with plenty of feel.