New car time A3 3dr to MK6 Golf 5dr due to baby on the way

Joe-A3

Reaction score
Hi All

Due to us having a little one on the way in Feb i need to change my 3rd S line 1.4tfsi only own for 11 months for a 5 door and was thinking of a Golf MK6 1.4 TSI Match because it is bigger and ride is meant to be more comfortable then the S Line.

Has any one here had one of these MK6 Golf's before or currently driving one, just looking for a bit of advise on how they compare to the A3 also any know problems to look at for

Thanks in advance

I can only vouch for the ride quality on the Golf being better than the A3. Test drove quite a few across all engine ranges.

I was also advised by a VW salesman that the fuel consumption on the Golf 1.4TSI engine was on a par with a 2.0 GTi - not sure how accurate that is but, he wasn't impressed with this aspect of the car as he had one as his daily drive.

Might also be worthwhile joining up on a VW forum (if you haven't done so already) and ask the question over there as well.

I have used this site before and they're really helpful bunch. http://uk-mkivs.net/forum/124-mkvi-mk6-golf-and-jetta/

Good luck with the quest.

Why not go for a 5dr A3 TDi or something like that. You can get your hands on a lovely example for less than £13k and it would allow you to stay in the fold.

Don't get me wrong it is the same group and all that, but you can't get the quality of the Audi interior in any of the other group cars. The ride may be more comfortable, but then again it would be comparing SE VW to S-line Audi. Compare SE with SE and then see how you feel.

My advice would also be to go for DSG if you haven't already, just for the ease of not having to worry about gears with a screaming baby in the back.

Cant belive the 1.4 would be on par with gti in comsumption. I thought the 1.4tsi was the same as the tfsi