Autowindscreens Hoddesdon - absolute joke!!

BAN430G

Reaction score
Guys, sometimes I wonder how such companies can stay in business. My windscreen smashed almost a month ago now when some kids threw something off a bridge which hit my S3 as I was driving. Claimed on the car insurance paid £70 for a new windscreen - that was almost a month ago.

After waiting a couple of weeks, and failing my MOT, had to take a day off work for the Autowindscreens Hoddesdon guy to come and fit it at my house. They sent me a text to remind me he was coming the previous day and he phoned to confirm he was en route and had the windscreen, said he'd be 10mins was just down the road - happy days. He turned up and said "sorry mate its raining I can't do it"!!! Erm... wasn't it raining when you were 10mins down the road?

A week later I had to take another day off work to get it fitted. Another guy turns up "sorry mate they've given me completely the wrong windscreen its for a later S3 and a different colour".

So frustrating - surely they are losing money as well messing around like this!!

Cancel it an go through someone else??

Ask your insurance who they approve off? you can usually go direct to them, Unsure around your area, but around mine AutoGlass have a few guys setup in a sheltered area so weather wouldn't be an issue, all you have to do is give insurance info etc usually name/policy number

I have seen loads done in the rain most of the vans have an awning that comes out and covers the whole car.

I would kick off with insurance and expect some sort of compensation for the time you have had to take off for work not being done.

Reactions: Smir