Gala / audiopilot question

Griffin1989

Reaction score
hi

I drive a 2010 series 2 black edition with the standard concert and Bose combo.
I have the gala turned to zero however when I first start my car and inch forward the volume increases even when the car is not moving, also sometimes the volume increases when I slow down and the volume goes down when I speed up however it does not do this all the time

I have a number of questions
Is this normal? I have owned Audi's with Bose and so have my family and we have not had this issue before.
Should gala be visible on my head unit? I have read it shouldn't for rsne but is this the same for the concert radio?
Any ideas how to fix it? I have read online it might be possible to code

My car is with Audi atm and no faults are showing and they are saying this set up is normal? Also they are not aware of a code to disconnect the gala. From what I have read the is not the case however I can only find articles with rsne

Cheers

Chris

Audiopilot works via the microphone detection of car noise, gala works via speed.

There is a known issue on some later 8P's which is corrected by a new Bose mic, this is about £30 from audi & sits in the roof lining light assembly, but usually rns-e related, so be aware it may not be the fix for the concert, but sounds very similar tbh.

Reactions: Griffin1989
Thank you.

Do u know if my car should have gala and audiopilot?

thanks for your help. Audi replaced the mic the problem seems to have gone away. Also I think the sound quality has improved but that might just be me imagining it :)

I had exactly the same issue. You can't switch audio pilot off sadly and the gala settings just make it get louder he faster you drive. Gala at 0 = audio pilot on.

Hope the new mic helps.

may i bump this?
its been couple months ago since i retrofitted my RNS-E to my 2012 S3 with bose (i did switch the bose pin on the quadlock)
and since that, i've noticed this volume going up and down when moving. so reading a little more about this found out it was this damn audiopilot thing.
So when reading about this, i found there was TSB about that, and followed all the instructions (aswell an entry from @NHN from some time ago) saying the same, to bridge pin 6 and 24.
BUT, when checking the connector, found out the pin 24 was already in use, and cable 6 was not white as the TSB said. so i dont know what to do.

is my problem a different thing? how do i cancel the audiopilot without cutting the microphone, i dont want it to beep every time i turn on the car

Attachments

• IMG_2548.JPG
    IMG_2548.JPG
    781.1 KB · Views: 127
update:
i wanted to open the trunk and check where do pins 6 and 24 where coming from, but then decided to give it a shot with vcds before doing all that; and seems that GALA was already enabled in GALA3 :S so i switched the adaptation to 000 and it looks like the volume thing is gone now.

could it be that the audiopilot microphone came already bridged from factory?

Hi. I apologise for resurrecting an old thread but do you happen to know what the part number was on the new mic. that Audi installed as I too have a 2012 Black Ed. & I’m experiencing the same issue. Did u experience just volume changes or was there active equalisation too (bass & treble)? Thanks for any help, it’s a nightmare!!!!
hi

I drive a 2010 series 2 black edition with the standard concert and Bose combo.
I have the gala turned to zero however when I first start my car and inch forward the volume increases even when the car is not moving, also sometimes the volume increases when I slow down and the volume goes down when I speed up however it does not do this all the time

I have a number of questions
Is this normal? I have owned Audi's with Bose and so have my family and we have not had this issue before.
Should gala be visible on my head unit? I have read it shouldn't for rsne but is this the same for the concert radio?
Any ideas how to fix it? I have read online it might be possible to code

My car is with Audi atm and no faults are showing and they are saying this set up is normal? Also they are not aware of a code to disconnect the gala. From what I have read the is not the case however I can only find articles with rsne

Cheers

Chris