RS4 Grill for S-Line?

ToddA4

Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm looking to buy an RS4 honeycomb grill soon for my S-line B7, every one I see for sale, the advert states their grill will only fit an SE B7 bumper.

Is there any difference in grill Fitment on an SE and an S-line, and would these grills fit my bumper?

Cheers

Yes S line grill is larger. Lord only knows why someone hasn't started to make a honeycomb one for s lines (that is half decent) as they would be on a winner with it

It's very strange as the SLine is the biggest seller, unfortunately you are limited in your choices to ether modifying your existing grill or splashing out the cash for a genuine RS4 grill

they are only deeper , the section from the plate holder to the bottom edge is deeper than the non s-line types, if you really trawl the web there are a few around, not in the uk though, US & AUS being the best soources outside uk/europe and i'm not going to mention that other location, yes we all know where i am talking about.
maybe its cheeper for companies to knock out standard non s-line grilles than tool up to make all variants.

There was a genuine used one on eBay yesterday not looked today £350 bit too rich for my tastes I'm afraid

at that price i'd go and buy a new one for a couple of pounds more, thats silly money for a used one on fleabay

Yup that's what I thought. Just someone seeing that they're like hens teeth so getting a bit too greedy if you ask me

To buy one new they are around £540ish, depending on it's condition (that one crappy pic does it no justice) then that one will sell

i only paid £395 inc vat new for mine , so £350 for a 2nd user one doesnt really workout as that much of a good deal.

I think the price may have gone up again, the cheapest I found it for was £483 inc Vat + £15 delivery

Last edited:
It sure does seem bananas that there's no decent none OEM alternative. Can only imagine it some sort of copyright or design property rights that stop the manufacturers , but in reality, when did that ever stop some companies ??

If you like the appearance and you feel you have the ability and the balls, the RS6 grill section mated into the OEM S Line frame is a nice option - there's a thread on here and also check out NicksCarBlog for a 'how to'.

Reactions: Euans2