MMI Track Pad

BobbyCS3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Sorry if this sounds a bit thick. Iv looked through he handbook but can't find anything.

I recall a colleague showing me his new A3 S-Line a year or so back and showing me the trackpad on the MMI, we had our S3 delivered this weekend and not sure how to get this working, is it still something on the car? or have they removed it.

Regards

Rob

Not sure if they've removed it or not but easy to check. The dial you use to navigate should have a white light around its diameter.

If you've got your phone connected, open the telephone screen on your MMI and open your contacts list. Hit find a contact and try and write a letter on the MMI dial, should start appearing on the screen. Alternatively, you can open you're navigation (if fitted) and press the MMI dial to bring up a cursor/crosshair overlay, use your finger on the dial to move that around.

Reactions: BobbyCS3
MMI Touch only comes with the Tech Pack. Do you have that?

Not sure if they've removed it or not but easy to check. The dial you use to navigate should have a white light around its diameter.

If you've got your phone connected, open the telephone screen on your MMI and open your contacts list. Hit find a contact and try and write a letter on the MMI dial, should start appearing on the screen. Alternatively, you can open you're navigation (if fitted) and press the MMI dial to bring up a cursor/crosshair overlay, use your finger on the dial to move that around.

Yes iv had a try and nothing. Ours is a MY16 and comes with Nav standard now which was nice surprise when it arrived but can't get it to work for some reason :( haha.

Nope no tech pack, not sure what that includes we just have the standard Navigation
unfortunately you do not have the touch pad i'm afraid, only comes on the Tech Pack, not the standard nav.

unfortunately you do not have the touch pad i'm afraid, only comes on the Tech Pack, not the standard nav.

never mind, worth a try haha. ill twist my fingers instead of swiping.
Rob

Reactions: Wondering Soul