Tyre pressure for S3 hatch

SilureMark

Reaction score
Yeah, I know it's on the inside of the front door, but what are you all actually running with? Just had four new Continentals fitted and the fecking idiots at National Tyres over inflated my front tyres to such an extent that my pressure gauge just went to the max and nearly exploded! The tyres looked like they were about to explode off the rims. The rears were at 41 and 35! No small wonder that the steering felt like it wasn't connected to anything. I've now set them to 38 front and back, which 'feels' right - FYI, I have my steering permanently set to Dynamic in the Individual setting. Just interested what everyone else is running on their S3 8v? Oh, I have just sent rant of the century to National Tyres and Autocare in Bishop's Stortford and I thought Kwikfit were bad!

THANKS in advance of replies. Mark.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know it's on the inside of the front door, but what are you all actually running with? Just had four new Continentals fitted and the fecking idiots at National Tyres over inflated my front tyres to such an extent that my pressure gauge just went to the max and nearly exploded! The tyres looked like they were about to explode off the rims. The rears were at 41 and 35! No small wonder that the steering felt like it wasn't connected to anything. I've now set them to 38 front and back, which 'feels' right - FYI, I have my steering permanently set to Dynamic in the Individual setting. Just interested what everyone else is running on their S3 8v? Oh, I have just sent rant of the century to National Tyres and Autocare in Bishop's Stortford and I thought Kwikfit were bad!

THANKS in advance of replies. Mark.
Hi Mark,i've got a 3 door s3 and run 38 allround and find it about spot on.Also live in Stortford and need new tyres soon,looking at goodyears personally, but more worried about fitting damage.Did they mark your rims when fitting?

Thanks for that, much appreciated. No, they didn't damage my alloys and they were balanced correctly. I got 29,000 miles out of my Continentals before the wear indicator was reached, amazing really. So, that's why I had them fitted again. £380 fitted for four with MyTyres. Shame about the service I got from the people who fitted them!

29000 miles! that's got to be a record!!!! Kwickfit in Stortford mullered my alloys on a previous bmw.

:yes:I've had low 20's from tyres plenty of times before, but have never managed to get them to nearly 30k miles! I know I have a very smooth driving style and I'm not one for hurling my car through the corners, but even that surprised me. After about 18k with the S3 I'll admit I was checking the tread depth every time I washed the car, but six months later and finally, at 29,500 the wear indicator was finally close to being breached, which is an amazing life span. I can recall having Toyos that were OEM on my TTS lasted just 12k! Mind you, those Toyos were ****** awful from day one, so I was glad to see the back of them.The Contis still had legal tread depths on all four when changed by the way, well, just! I'm normally a Michelin or Dunlop guy, but the OEM continentals have impressed me a lot, not just the wear rate, but the grip and handling... took a drive today with 38 in the front and 36 on the back - normal service resumed

S3 SB mainly just me in the car and nothing in the boot, always have steering in comfort and run fronts at 39 and rears 37. Was running 38/36 but the extra 1psi seems to make a diffence. Once the cold weather and icy roads kick I will probably come down to 37/35