Is your A3/S3 the nicest car in your street......................???

Simon L

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
....................and if not what is and why (assuming it's not painfully obvious!!)

If yours is the nicest (and being a fanboy I'd like to think in most cases it will be) maybe you could tell us the runner up?

Possibly predictably my S3 is hands down the nicest car in mine.......................probably give the runner up spot to the brand new Mazda, two pipe jobby no idea what model, three doors up.................... ;)

Obviously this is all subjective (again) but hopefully might spark some interesting discussion :) (or not) lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
Quite like this Thread mine is in 2nd place to a Ferrari f430.

Reactions: slayaz and Simon L
Hahaha will get to first place eventually with a bit of luck.

Reactions: Simon L
Without a Doubt....Most neighbours have families round my way so its all....School run mobiles..there is a cracking GTC VXR in red with awesome 20" diamond cut alloys...just down from me, its a nice car with great road presence l do like em a lot sounds grreat as well,just came back from getting some beers,Cough,cough from the local off sales:astonished: and a NEW bright yellow Cayman just ran down the street...so maybe no more....BOOHOO

Ps maybe it wasnt a Cayman as it had its rear spoiler Cocked..doing 15 mph..lol

Last edited:
Them pesky Caymans are getting everywhere mate!! Glad you got the beers in though, just having a quick one myself while I finish off the roast ;)

Them pesky Caymans are getting everywhere mate!! Glad you got the beers in though, just having a quick one myself while I finish off the roast ;)
Yeah Porsche must...have good PCP deals going on at the moment for Boxster and Cayman????....Suday roast/Carvery...English thing that lol

I think that as an all-rounder my wife's car is better than my S3 and when she gets her new one that gap will only increase.
We've also got a DB9, a 997 911, and one AMG Merc in the street too.
I hide the S3 in the garage........

Reactions: Ignition1, Terminator x, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I think that as an all-rounder my wife's car is better than my S3 and when she gets her new one that gap will only increase.
We've also got a DB9, a 997 911, and one AMG Merc in the street too.
I hide the S3 in the garage........
Get it stage 2 show them who is boss

Mine was the nicest and newest up until about three weeks ago when my middle-aged neighbour bought a new M5 with all the toys. I can't stand BMW's so in my head I still win :) ha

There is Cayman a few streets away but they're well common these days.

Reactions: slayaz and tektrob
....................and if not what is and why (assuming it's not painfully obvious!!)

If yours is the nicest (and being a fanboy I'd like to think in most cases it will be) maybe you could tell us the runner up?

Possibly predictably my S3 is hands down the nicest car in mine.......................probably give the runner up spot to the brand new Mazda, two pipe jobby no idea what model, three doors up.................... ;)

Obviously this is all subjective (again) but hopefully might spark some interesting discussion :) (or not) lol
No A3/S3's in my cul-de-sac
TBH my S4 beats anything my neighbours have got anyway as they all drive ****** filthy diesels

2nd is my next door neighbour who has a black 65 plate 7 seat 2 wheel drive BMW X5. Nice interior but looks like a Transit crew bus I'm afraid

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Wondering Soul and Simon L
Mine is defo best in my street, close second is a 6 month old white A5 or a 6-7 year old 7 series

In the next street though there is newish M235i and one of those R things....you pays your money and makes your choice, I think mine was right...lol

No A3/S3's in my cul-de-sac
TBH my S4 beats anything my neighbours have got anyway as they all drive ****** filthy diesels

2nd is my next door neighbour who has a black 65 plate 7 seat 2 wheel drive BMW X5. Nice interior but looks like a Transit crew bus I'm afraid

'Transit crew bus' .............. lol :haha:

'Transit crew bus' .............. lol :haha:
In my early years of my previous job, we had a 'tweeked' one of these. Used to go well on the straights, but round corners, especially in the wet, it was down right dangerous
Sometimes there wasn't enough opposite lock on greasy roundabouts lol
& yes, I know I'm showing my age you cheeky young whipper snappers :D

My A3 is by far the cleanest and best kept car in my Cul de Sac. However, there's another A3, ML350 AMG, BMW 5 GT, BMW 320d M-Sport and a few more Mercs. But none as shiny as mine. :box:

Reactions: Phil-1, blackwiddow, Bristle Hound and 4 others
My A3 is by far the cleanest and best kept car in my Cul de Sac. However, there's another A3, ML350 AMG, BMW 5 GT, BMW 320d M-Sport and a few more Mercs. But none as shiny as mine. :box:

Totally agree Scott, shiny A3 for the win by TKO!! lol

Reactions: Scottyg
Next door has a very smart mini cooper John works GP. Comes as standard with no back seats and a strut brace. It's without a doubt faster than mine, but the Audi wins on the executive and looks side I'd say (slightly biased) :whistle: the rest of the street are mokkas, capturs, DS3'S and fiestas. But then again there's only about 10 of us due it being the earlier stages of a new development

I live in a village with population of nearly 300. I can't think of any car here that I would rather have. There is an A5 just up the road that actually appeared in the same week as mine, from the same dealer with a plate just one letter different. But it's in that grotty dark grey metallic colour, so that wouldn't be in the running anyway :box:
A guy round the corner has a black Aston Martin DB something or other. That's quite nice, but quite old.

Reactions: Sandra and Simon L
I live in a village with population of nearly 300. I can't think of any car here that I would rather have. There is an A5 just up the road that actually appeared in the same week as mine, from the same dealer with a plate just one letter different. But it's in that grotty dark grey metallic colour, so that wouldn't be in the running anyway :box:
A guy round the corner has a black Aston Martin DB something or other. That's quite nice, but quite old.

Yeah I think I know that colour.........****** awful ;)

My A3 is definitely the cleanest on the street. Pretty sure I'm know as the guy with OCD over his car.

There is a guy who owns an S3 8V Sportback a few doors down, but the car is never there so I still win (I think). The best cars on the street are -

- An E63 AMG (that car is a monster)
- A sparkling new 911 Turbo (not a big fan but it's a top end Porsche)
- A good looking BMW X6 (definitely has presence though you'll probably get stopped and searched a lot)

BUT...none of them are as clean as mine. So I win? Right??

I've got undoubtedly the best car in my street. It's all family mobiles, one guy has an A4 and a new Merc A class thing, the rest is Scenic's and Zafira's etc. Round the corner though there's a guy with an F-Type, an old M5, and a white M135i (at different houses). Over the other side of the estate there's a chap with a new Sepang Blue TTS too.

My A3 is definitely the cleanest on the street. Pretty sure I'm know as the guy with OCD over his car.

There is a guy who owns an S3 8V Sportback a few doors down, but the car is never there so I still win (I think). The best cars on the street are -

- An E63 AMG (that car is a monster)
- A sparkling new 911 Turbo (not a big fan but it's a top end Porsche)
- A good looking BMW X6 (definitely has presence though you'll probably get stopped and searched a lot)

BUT...none of them are as clean as mine. So I win? Right??

Cleanliness is next to godliness............you win all day every day :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Ignition1
I've got undoubtedly the best car in my street. It's all family mobiles, one guy has an A4 and a new Merc A class thing, the rest is Scenic's and Zafira's etc. Round the corner though there's a guy with an F-Type, an old M5, and a white M135i (at different houses). Over the other side of the estate there's a chap with a new Sepang Blue TTS too.

....................we'll forget about the F-Type and just say you won!! lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, Sandra and thebluefox
it will be when it comes there is a dacia duster black edition (just painted black) over the road though a few m3s e46 i like and 335i and the legndary mx5 on H reg haha

Reactions: Ignition1 and Simon L
Mine is, but my new Cayman GTS will trump it by miles once it turns up! :)

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Simon L and veeeight
Mine is, but my new Cayman GTS will trump it by miles once it turns up! :)

........git outta here yer traitor!!! .................only kidding, Cayman GTS is a superb car! What colour are you going for?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Nothing on our development beats mine, even the newer white Sportback that's next door because they do not know how to treat or clean a car properly...

Comes about 5th after:
64 911 50th Anniversary
64 911 Turbo
Couple of fairly new Range Rovers

There are couple ML350s but not new and hate them.

Comes about 5th after:
64 911 50th Anniversary
64 911 Turbo
Couple of fairly new Range Rovers

There are couple ML350s but not new and hate them.

We'll call that a strong 3rd unless based on value alone........ Range Rovers are ****** awful anyway :)

(Again subjective before I get flamed!)

Reactions: slayaz
We'll call that a strong 3rd unless based on value alone........ Range Rovers are ****** awful anyway :)

(Again subjective before I get flamed!)

Range Rovers are the Devil's chariot.

(Subjective of course).

Reactions: Jassyo06, slayaz and Simon L
yeah a safe 3rd hate mercs and ranges lol (subj of course also lol)

Reactions: Ignition1 and Simon L
Um yes I would say so but there are only 10 houses in our close and at least until March '16 as my neighbour has a 335 M Sport on order.

Reactions: Jassyo06, TonyH38 and Simon L
Um yes I would say so but there are only 10 houses in our close and at least until March '16 as my neighbour has a 335 M Sport on order.

Beemers don't count as nicer Rob, you know that! ! ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Beemers don't count as nicer Rob, you know that! ! ;)

Not my cuppa tea either Si but a bit of a weapon sub 5s 0-60 and 55-60mpg so he tells me. Could be another dieselgate tho !!!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
:haudrauf: Nope....

1 neighbour has an R8 and and S3, both red
Another has an F-Type and a Vogue... there's a Porsche too...
(I will now read all other replies)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
:haudrauf: Nope....

1 neighbour has an R8 and and S3, both red
Another has an F-Type and a Vogue... there's a Porsche too...
(I will now read all other replies)

Oh gawd.........definitely not the road to be in mate! lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
A few Tesla's, Nissan GTR, Porsche GT3, Panamera, Aston Martin further up... I guess when the average home cost about 1.5Million, should expect to see these types of cars. #SFTech However I have the second to the newest car on my block, neighbor just bought a new black GTI.

I'll just stick to the surrounding streets, otherwise the answer would be definitely not. Wide range of cars, Toyota, Kia, Fords, Holdens etc middle of the range white goods, a few Range Rover Sports, 3 series BMWs and other large SUVs, but nothing I would be interested in ever, there is a C63 Mercedes, I wouldn't mind at all, ... there is also a nice 8P S3, black, lowered and wide wheels.

Is my S3 the nicest car in the street??...

Upload 2015 11 3 9 2 12

It depends what mood it's in!!!

Reactions: Jassyo06, Ignition1 and Simon L