Can anyone with Sat Nav identity this?

Martinbanshee

Reaction score
e6af2f3c4ce5848563200cbe95c7d5ef.jpg

cec2c84b5f23dedb6b802eba506280b6.jpg

Does anyone know what the blue arrow in the DIS at the top left and pointing left is for?
It doesn't seem to correspond with lane positions and isn't the symbol for turning left. I've only seen it appear before roundabouts so far and it disappears at the 500 yard mark.
I can't find any info about it anywhere. Any ideas?

Complete guess - long range info for left turn in 0.4 miles then the yard countdown markers take over with a more detailed map showing turn next left ?

Reactions: Scottyg, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Can't honestly say I've noticed that in the DIS but I'll go with Rob in the absence of a better explanation, it makes sense anyway

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Unfortunately my next turn in 0.4 miles was a right hander, at a roundabout and in the right hand lane

I haven't seen it at crossroads yet and it appears on long roads that don't have any side roads. I'm stumped.

Happens on mine too. Think it's trying to emulate a roundabout as you say... Seems a bit retarded to me.

It doesn't appear for all roundabouts either, seems to be ones on dual carriageways. First I thought it was a lane suggestion thing but I haven't seen it pointing right at all, always left. Hmmmm...

Could be a lane suggestion, on a dual carriageway or motorway in this country you should be in the left hand lane most of the time.
If you were abroad you would be in the right hand lane of a carriageway normally.
Probably aimed at those people who drive in the middle lane of motorways all the time even when there is nothing in the left hand lane.

Let's all be honest........nobody has a clue

Reactions: RYuill
Haha, seems that way.
From a functionality point of view it's not important but it's bugging me not knowing what it means.

I'll have a play tomorrow see if I can get it on mine ...

Reactions: Martinbanshee
The display in the DIS is remarkably limited and can be pretty inaccurate, it just seems to have a standard set of layouts for junctions etc, whereas on the main display it shows the layout properly. I never use the one on the DIS, I always switch it back to speed display and leave the main screen on nav when I'm using it.

Is it telling you to drive on the left?

Possibly, but it only seems to appear before certain roundabouts, not all of them and I haven't seen the arrow any other time.
The wife thought it was a reminder to go round a roundabout clockwise (UK way) but it appears well before you know a roundabout is even coming, doesn't appear for all roundabouts and the roundabout symbol on the DIS show the direction round the roundabout. The mystery continues.

Audi endorses Jeremy Corbyn?

Reactions: DommyR, Cymru09, Martinbanshee and 2 others
That's it!
Wait a minute, surely the arrow would be red and not blue
Time to keep looking.

Reactions: veeeight, Simon L and Rob2k68
I'm more concerned that you listen to Radio 1 than the error with the Nav! :blahblah1:

Reactions: glospete
I thought maybe it's trying to say - you're coming up to "something" in 0.4 miles?

Though seems a strange symbol to show if that's the case.

I thought maybe it's trying to say - you're coming up to "something" in 0.4 miles?

Though seems a strange symbol to show if that's the case.
I've only seen it when the next manoeuvre is a roundabout but not all roundabouts, never seen it when approaching junctions or crossroads. It appears when there's no side roads ahead and also when the next turn ahead is a right.

I've only seen it when the next manoeuvre is a roundabout but not all roundabouts, never seen it when approaching junctions or crossroads. It appears when there's no side roads ahead and also when the next turn ahead is a right.

......in that case Martin, it's simple. Your DIS has been installed upside-down! ;)

Old thread (but unanswered question)...I don't have the answer BUT I did see this symbol on Sunday during a lonnnng drive to Chichester.

It only seemed to appear when -

a) There are no other exits on a road
b) The next event is a roundabout

Need to test it more.

Yeah, as above, although I've only seen it on dual carriageways so far.
I'm still trying to suss it out.

Is it not an indicator for showing you where the thieving gypsy bar steward rozzers are hiding with their speed guns?
Obviously only on empty roads early in a morning where the possibility of accidents is sooooo high.

If so, I need to return mine to Audi for reprogramming. It never worked for me a couple of weeks ago doing 87 in a 70.....

Funnily enough one area where the arrow comes on is where a scamera van always sits

Reactions: Kugaman1
Stop lane hogging and keep left

Old thread (but unanswered question)...I don't have the answer BUT I did see this symbol on Sunday during a lonnnng drive to Chichester.

It only seemed to appear when -

a) There are no other exits on a road
b) The next event is a roundabout

Need to test it more.

...........I also had a drive to Chichester on Saturday and spookily enough had my nav on thinking of this thread...............................and............................................nope, didn't see that symbol once!!

Does this mysterious blue arrow only appear on SD Nav? (not Tech Pack or Tech Pack with Connect)

Possibly - I don't have the Tech Pack.

Specifically I saw it heading down the A27 towards the Fishbourne roundabout (i.e. towards Chichester). Still can't figure out why.

The search continues...

Does this mysterious blue arrow only appear on SD Nav? (not Tech Pack or Tech Pack with Connect)

Of course.........................forgot about the ol cheapskate SD Nav!!

The arrow points towards the glovebox.......................................put some more money in the slot ;)

Reactions: thebluefox, Martinbanshee, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Of course.........................forgot about the ol cheapskate SD Nav!!

The arrow points towards the glovebox.......................................put some more money in the slot ;)

I knew I should have gone for Tech Pack lol.

Maybe it's saying "Turn off here. Now stop and think about what you've done."

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Rob2k68 and Simon L
Haha yep pull over and turn the SD card over ;o)

Reactions: Martinbanshee and Simon L
Must just be an Aberdeen only option..... notifying the driver of what field they have to go to next??...

Upload 2015 11 10 11 23 50

Oh come on everyone else was thinking it... hahahahahahaha

Sorry couldn't resist!! :)

Reactions: Steph67, Martinbanshee, Rob2k68 and 2 others
It'll be one of those things that's obvious when you know the answer.

Some German logic involved here.

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
It'll be one of those things that's obvious when you know the answer.

Some German logic involved here.

Logic??? Yeah, best of luck.......................I hear they're having a few personnel issues............................. ;)

2015-car-wash-calendar-features-weird-looking-semi-naked-german-men_2.jpg

Reactions: Tej13, Ignition1 and AndyB-S3
What did you even put into Google to search for that picture??!!

Reactions: Simon L
What did you even put into Google to search for that picture??!!

That's what I thought! Very specific content in that photo.

It was SFW, then I scrolled down and it became NSFW - luckily nobody was nearby lol.

Reactions: Simon L
Believe it or not ......... 'weird looking german' !! lol

Bearing in mind I'm at work in a large open plan office, it had to be done with stealth and lightning speed!! ;)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Martinbanshee and AndyB-S3
So it's not actually from your secret stash Simon??... phew...what a relief..

Reactions: Rob2k68, Martinbanshee and Simon L