AP Coilovers

N417H4N

Reaction score
I currenty have 50mm H&R springs fitted, I'm thinking about swapping these out for AP coilovers but my main reason for doing so it's to get lower.

Air ride is out of mu budget so not an option.

Can anyone say how much lower the AP's would go compared to the 50mm H&R's.

Also is removing the rear adjusters an option on the 8P?

Thanks

Ok mate thanks for that, I've been looking through your tread btw, stunning car - keep it up.

Thank you bud, there should be some photos in there too of my old a3 on h&r springs and when I put it on the AP coilovers.

Any pics of yours on H&R springs?
Yes mate, her you go
fa319a8f8fc3adf159d63d589be24e7b.jpg

I currenty have 50mm H&R springs fitted, I'm thinking about swapping these out for AP coilovers but my main reason for doing so it's to get lower.

Air ride is out of mu budget so not an option.

Can anyone say how much lower the AP's would go compared to the 50mm H&R's.

Also is removing the rear adjusters an option on the 8P?

Thanks

Any pics of yours on H&R springs?

Some pics here:

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ap-coilovers-vs-h-r-50mm-springs-pics-review.197623/

Yup, and yeah it will rub the rear arches a lot with 3 in the back but it is way lower than most people have them.

What size tyres u got and do ya have spacers? Thinking of buying some APs like yours but have 19in Rotors on 235s and think they'll rub like hell. If I lower it 40mm vs Standard is it a really firm ride?

I have 19" bbs's with Ap's with no rubbing, and run with 5mm spacer! Get the odd rub if hit a dip etc but normal driving it's fine! Going to try 8mm when winter is over!

What size tyres u got and do ya have spacers? Thinking of buying some APs like yours but have 19in Rotors on 235s and think they'll rub like hell. If I lower it 40mm vs Standard is it a really firm ride?

225's on an 8.5J rim with no spacers. You'll definitely rub with 235 tyres even on a small amount of lowering

I have 19" bbs's with Ap's with no rubbing, and run with 5mm spacer! Get the odd rub if hit a dip etc but normal driving it's fine! Going to try 8mm when winter is over!
Haha - brave :D

225's on an 8.5J rim with no spacers. You'll definitely rub with 235 tyres even on a small amount of lowering
Thanks smurf but not strictly true as mine is lowered on Eibach Pro springs with 235 tyres and I had two adults in the back at the weekend... didn't catch once during a 20mile round trip which had speedbumps!

Reactions: smurfworth