And so the fiddling begins!

SportBack Kent

Reaction score
Hi all

Just picked up a lovely 2010 1.4 TFSI Sportback Sport with low miles in silver and am enjoying it greatly but, it's missing a few creature comforts so I'd like to pick your brains about various things as I'm sure a lot of you have done them already!

So:

- What's the best stealth bluetooth option for a Concert HU? Ideally I want A2DP and DIS integration. Fiscon was the preferred option but I've since found out that A2DP is mono only, so that's pointless. Had Parrot kit previously but that wont' integrate into the DIS but it does work really well for music and I'm pretty sure I can hide the remote in the ashtray compartment.

- I am looking at the Dynavin N6 - though that's a really expensive, but very cool option and will also solve another upgrade I'm looking at - parking sensors. Anyone got one/seen one/have an opinion on that?

- Rear Parking: I'd like parking sensors fitted and have seen the totally flush Cobra Parkmaster kit, anyone seen those/got them? They look to be the perfect option to keep the factory look. I would also look at the Parking Dynamics PD1 kit but that has mixed reviews - any thoughts there? If I go Dynavin, then I'll add the rear camera and that's job done ...

- Cruise Control: I know this can be done (I do a lot of motorway) anyone have any recommendations to do it in Kent/cost?

- Tuning: My last few cars have been remapped and I've never had an issue, so I'd like the A3 done but can only seem to find tuners offering around a 25hp gain - that's not really worth the effort when the car is surprisingly nippy as standard. I've heard they can go up to around 170hp, but can't find a tuner offering that - any ideas?

- Leather: When I literally have nothing else to spend money on, i'd like to swap out the interior for the half-leather S Line. eBay looks like a good option, but is it a big job and is there anything to look out for? I wouldn't bother with door cards, just seats.

Lastly, I have the Aux socket in the centre console, but have noticed today a lot of interference when it's selected with nothing actually playing through it, obviously that means rubbish sound quality overall. Makes the noise either when plugged in with a cable, or over a bluetooth aux in dongle I have temporarily. Seems like an issue with the headunit. CD/Radio outputs are fine. Have tried usual stuff like putting phone in Airplane mode and unplugging power from the BT dongle but nothing seems to be making a difference. Thoughts?

I know that's a ton of questions but I'm eager to start turning the car into the one it should have been out of the box so appreciate any help or pearls of wisdom.

Cheers

SportbackKent

I have a flat bottom steering wheel for sale which would suit your a3 if you're interested?

If you looking to have any retrofit work done site sponsor @Ash187 can supply/fit for you.

Reactions: SportBack Kent
Cruise control is a fairly easy retro fit. New stalk and lower steering wheel shroud, then activating with VCDS. Send a pm to @NHN he can supply,fit and ativate for you.

Reactions: Sayam and SportBack Kent
Hmmm I've seen those, looks a it too good to be true, know what I mean? Got a link to the A4 chaps post?

Hi mate,
I can retrofit any of the things you have asked for.
Today I retrofitted the front and rear genuine Audi parking sensors into a 2012 S3.

The aux sounds like it's either not plugged in properly or has the wires crossed.

Reactions: Sandra
Hi mate,
I can retrofit any of the things you have asked for.
Today I retrofitted the front and rear genuine Audi parking sensors into a 2012 S3.

The aux sounds like it's either not plugged in properly or has the wires crossed.
Thanks Ash can you drop me a PM with an idea of prices? Cheers