Cheap Bluetooth solution!

SportBack Kent

Reaction score
Hi all

As you'll see from my other post I'm a new owner. Thought I'd share this little thing I found with you that's got me out of spot until I get proper BT fitted to the A3. It's a BT dongle that plugs into the Aux port and allows both A2DP and Handsfree - it also allows you to change volume and skip tracks, it's pretty ****** brilliant actually for £9! Because of the size of it and position of 12V plug near the Aux in, you can leave it plugged in via USB permanently so it shouldn't ever not have a charge, it also rather brilliantly turns itself off after 3 mins without a connection, so you only need to worry about turning it on when you first get in the car, you can just leave it on and walk away when you leave the car. Ace.

I've made both calls on it, and had music streaming and it seems to do both pretty well - certainly worth a look if you're needing BT in the car and are strapped for cash and have the Aux port.

I don't sell these things by the way, you'll find them on ebay, I just thought I'd share in the spirit of helping each other out!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191626292539?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Cheers

SportbackKent

I've got a similar set up. Connects2 for the aux feature then connected that to a bluetooth receiver which is mounted on my dashboard using a car magnet. rather have this set up then constantly connecting my phone which will eventually wear and tear my headphone port and can keep the phone in the pocket as the BT device automatically connects to the phone when on. The sound quality on it too is really good.as well for making/receiving calls. Must make sure its a stereo output. Here is the one i use:

Amazon product

Reactions: SportBack Kent