No point to this thread.... Just saying I still love my S3

3 DAY DETAIL....????has Stevie Wonder taken up car Detailin....lol
Well to be fair it is a two day , but have to drop off early , so car is with him three days.
Though his top detail is three days.
Still cheaper than dealer Gardx stuff. ..
He had a two week old A1 in black when I dropped in to see him , he shows me the dealer inflicted damage caused by their new valet ...

Well to be fair it is a two day , but have to drop off early , so car is with him three days.
Though his top detail is three days.
Still cheaper than dealer Gardx stuff. ..
He had a two week old A1 in black when I dropped in to see him , he shows me the dealer inflicted damage caused by their new valet ...

l was just yankin yer chain/pulling ones legs old chap......How much do Audi dealers charge for Gardx anyhowz

I love my S3 even more now it's an "exclusive" colour.

Poor old Amalfi White.....never a popular choice!

Reactions: Daveotto, Jassyo06, Tej13 and 1 other person
Ok, I'm diving in 3 pages into this thread.

Glad you like the S3 SJ, that's all that counts.
Sepang though :haha: , I went down the White/silver easy clean route. (previous car was black and always dirty), guess I'm car cleaning lazy :welcoming:

Reactions: Pulp84
l was just yankin yer chain/pulling ones legs old chap......How much do Audi dealers charge for Gardx anyhowz
It's OK guessed that , £399. Detail is £350...
Right now just looking forward to drive it tomorrow and spending hours reading the manual ...
Will post picks after the detail

Oh and to help pay for it I got the sat nav refunded and £500 deposit contribution .. Happy days

Reactions: Jassyo06
:laughing: Lol, no, not jealousy, I really am lazy. Never polished a car in my life and don't intend to now :laughing: Next ones gonna be Silver. Even less upkeep

Aye 1975 was never a good year new born wannabe car detailers...lol

Reactions: Bristle Hound
@jassyo06 - I wish!
Had to Detail my S4 myself, couldn't afford a Pro-Detailer like some of the rich fella's on the 8V section ;) :D

@Simonb1975 - Jealousy is a very ugly thing ... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Think some of us "amateurs" have achieved some pretty amazing results when you see some of the pics on the 8V thread.

It's about having time I guess. It still takes me a minimum of 3 hours to do a "light" detail on my S3.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Jassyo06
:laughing: Lol, no, not jealousy, I really am lazy. Never polished a car in my life and don't intend to now :laughing: Next ones gonna be Silver. Even less upkeep
Lol :laugh:
As much as I love sepango bleu, it may well be white/silver next time myself. May be, unless riviera blue goes from an exclusive to a 'standard' colour like spangle blo did :laugh:

Think some of us "amateurs" have achieved some pretty amazing results when you see some of the pics on the 8V thread.

It's about having time I guess. It still takes me a minimum of 3 hours to detail my S3.

And then some...am knackered after it...Them 5 door Sportsbacks are a bitch to even towel dry...2 door coupe next time

Reactions: Simon L, Pulp84 and Bristle Hound
Aye 1975 was never a good year new born wannabe car detailers...lol
PMSL :laugh::laugh::laugh:
@Pulp84 - Agreed :thumbs up:
Like to think of myself as an enthusiastic amatuer mind :laugh:
It's about having time I guess. It still takes me a minimum of 3 hours to do a "light" detail on my S3.
Yup know about the time thing. Never enough hours in the day, especially where cleaning the car is concerned ;) :D
And then some...am knackered after it...Them 5 door Sportsbacks are a bitch to even towel dry...2 door coupe next time
@jassyo06 - Sounds like a plan buddy. My S4 saloon feels like its 25 feet long when I'm drying itn sometimes :(

Reactions: Simon L, Pulp84 and Jassyo06
I dry mine with a blast of acceleration. Water marks are the evil taint of dark colours :grinning:

Lol :laugh:
As much as I love sepango bleu, it may well be white/silver next time myself. May be, unless riviera blue goes from an exclusive to a 'standard' colour like spangle blo did :laugh:
Love yer thinkin there BH....Sepang...erm.... l left my car at my mothers whilst on holiday for two weeks in late August,l had just done the EXO2 thing prior...to this..........but over that time l have water/burnt in sun marks, that wont go away on the bonnet,because it was sat there for that period of time...

Love yer thinkin there BH....Sepang...erm.... l left my car at my mothers whilst on holiday for two weeks in late August,l had just done the EXO2 thing prior...to this..........but over that time l have water/burnt in sun marks, that wont go away on the bonnet,because it was sat there for that period of time...
Feel your Detailers pain @jassyo06 :(

PMSL :laugh::laugh::laugh:

@Pulp84 - Agreed :thumbs up:
Like to think of myself as an enthusiastic amatuer mind :laugh:

Yup know about the time thing. Never enough hours in the day, especially where cleaning the car is concerned ;) :D

@jassyo06 - Sounds like a plan buddy. My S4 saloon feels like its 25 feet long when I'm drying itn sometimes :(

Its the stonechip season aswell...with all the surface water...hate overtakin lorries....neck muscle's go into a full work out....naaaaw

Ye cant wrapped em in Cotton wool though

My S3 hibernates during the winter months. That's how much I love it.....I don't drive it this time of year to avoid it getting dirty and stone chipped. Sunny day only and keeping minimum 15 metres behind the car in front when it does come off the drive.

So it literally stays on the drive for four months. The benefits of having 3 cars between myself and Mrs Pulp :yes:

That's mad love for the S3!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Great to see a positive thread - loving my S3 Saloon. Surprisingly in the wet I have managed to get the back out under power. In a tight corner under full acceleration as the haldex pushes some torque to the rear it has been very playful! This is something based on the negative threads that I never expected it to do. Excellent car and safe controlled fun!

Reactions: sjbarneS3, Jassyo06 and Simon L
My paint correction followed by Gtechniq coating was a 3 dayer...

..............ebony....................annnnnd iiiiiiiiiivory........................... !! lol

Reactions: sjbarneS3
Loving this car. 1,000 km done and very impressed

No hesitation off the mark, no waste gate rattle, no pogoing over speed bumps.

Finally got the media setup with my fav DVDA in the DVD player, fav tracks on the jukebox, rest of my music on SD1, movies and TV shows in SD2, current tracks and playlists on an iPod connected via AMI and our phones connected via bt

Need to get oil temp on all screens - must find someone with vagcom

Seats are superb

Brilliant little car

Reactions: sjbarneS3 and Simon L
fark it....after spending 10 minutes reading this I might aswell throw my flat cap into the pool of positivity :)
had mine for just over a year now....half that time unmodified....and still loving driving it, looking at it....often a quick glance back, ok maybe lingering, to see if the lights went off ok....the missus nixed the photo by the bed
the positives so far have far outweighed the negatives and I'm happy to say that I do love my S3 saloon
I also want to take the opportunity to thank everyone here, members and moderators, for making this such a great virtual place to learn, share thoughts/opinions and hang out during my working hours :)

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Daveotto, batch and 4 others
fark it....after spending 10 minutes reading this I might aswell throw my flat cap into the pool of positivity :)
had mine for just over a year now....half that time unmodified....and still loving driving it, looking at it....often a quick glance back, ok maybe lingering, to see if the lights went off ok....the missus nixed the photo by the bed
the positives so far have far outweighed the negatives and I'm happy to say that I do love my S3 saloon
I also want to take the opportunity to thank everyone here, members and moderators, for making this such a great virtual place to learn, share thoughts/opinions and hang out during my working hours :)

It's nice to be positive - I'd like a saloon but not practical for me, look the nuts tho

Reactions: Simon L
It's nice to be positive - I'd like a saloon but not practical for me, look the nuts tho

In what way do you think it's not practical?
I actually find the saloon boot more useful than the Sportback was as its longer.
I never thought that would be the case.

In what way do you think it's not practical?
I actually find the saloon boot more useful than the Sportback was as its longer.
Because I have a three year old who like his bike to go places with us. Because I have to transport quite bulky items regularly and they won't fit in the boot, I'm not dissing the car, just not suited to my lifestyle

Because I have a three year old who like his bike to go places with us. Because I have to transport quite bulky items regularly and they won't fit in the boot, I'm not dissing the car, just not suited to my lifestyle

I didn't say you were dissing the car.
I guess it depends what you need to do, but for me the saloon is actually more practical than the Sportback.
We have a Q5 for ferrying our daughter around in most of the time.

I didn't say you were dissing the car.
I guess it depends what you need to do, but for me the saloon is actually more practical than the Sportback.
We have a Q5 for ferrying our daughter around in most of the time.

I chose the hatch, as i thought it looked better... my wife also has a 'ferrying' car - but sometimes you gotta put the pedal to the metal....

Plenty of room in the sedan/saloon, which is another thing I like about the car. I'm a pro keyboard and bass player and can easily fit 2 full size keyboard cases, bass guitar, amp, stand, 2 gig bags, laptop and other assorted bibs and bobs into the rear seat and trunk/boot. It's probably the first time the dealership has had someone bring in keyboard cases before buying a car to make sure they fit. I'm so glad they did.