First and ongoing thoughts on 'Baggy'

Magic look forward to it I go into build in three weeks getting exited now.

Reactions: josedebardi
Beautiful looking car and great balanced write up. Slightly off topic how was the SQ5 ?

Beautiful looking car and great balanced write up. Slightly off topic how was the SQ5 ?

The short answer is it was great. It was a good all rounder, scoring 7 or 8/10 in most categories. The fake V8 noise was actually really good (it has an actuator IN the exhaust rather than the bulkhead mounted or Hi-Fi based systems of other models/makes).

In the end I got rid as the Mrs got a practical car after having had a Mini, so I took the opportunity to get something more nimble (as there is only so much you can do to make a 2 tonne SUV go round corners!).

The only bad points I could suggest are it's not one for cornering (unsurprisingly) and the boot is smaller than you might expect for a mid-size SUV.
Launch Control was a hoot, 0-60 in 5 seconds in a car that big shocks passengers!

I'd definitely recommend it for anyone that has 1-2 kids, enjoys a quick motor and does a reasonable number of miles as high 30s MPG was easily achievable on a longer run, and it never got below 25 MPG even on a fun run.

More pics/thoughts here
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/3165-my-sq5-photos/
http://www.myaudiq5.com/index.php/topic/3065-t-18-hours-to-sq5/

Really appreciate the links, thanks.
Been thinking about one of these as the RS3 replacement as 2 kids aged 9 & 5 plus a recent puppy but will see how I get on

Really appreciate the links, thanks.
Been thinking about one of these as the RS3 replacement as 2 kids aged 9 & 5 plus a recent puppy but will see how I get on

If you saw all the pics you can see it's ideal for a dog with the Audi split dog guard, that was a great feature. I even had a custom one made for the Mrs Octavia vRS Estate that replaced her Mini!

It also comes with roof bars as standard, so a roof box is all you need if you do need the extra space for a holiday (saves £150 for bars that you'd have to get on the RS3 - I just got a set and a box).

Reactions: Spin140
Bars and box for rs3?

Yep, looks the dogs wotsits!!

1d077665e535f66cc409d498c59a0d55.jpg

Reactions: Daniel McCormick and AndyB-S3
Awesome and a bit weird I have had exact same thought I found this pic

Reactions: AudiNutta, josedebardi and AndyB-S3
What did you good for and if you don't mind much did it cost all in?

Are the box and moreover importantly the rails easy enough to fit and remove?

List was £650 all in, I paid £500.

If you've got the roof rails the bars are super easy to fit. They come with a 'key' spanner with a built in torque wrench so you know they are the correct tightness.
If you don't have the rails I'm not sure I'm too keen on the bars clamping direct to the roof...

The box is the 300L one (longest/thinnest so I have the option of adding bikes along side in the future). They have 2 larger capacity ones but they were over kill and even more money on top of an already ridiculous cost!
The box is also excellent with 4 hand wheels inside also with torque clicks so you know it's correctly gripped the bars.

It's a 2 person job to attach/remove the whole lot, 2-3 mins.
Initial fit is 2 person job, 20-30mins as the bars have a rubber seal you have to put on - but your dealer will do that for you. I helped the master tech fit mine so I knew how it worked.

The bars will stow inside the box when not in use as well (not sure if they will in the shorter fatter boxes).

It's all Thule kit with Audi rings stuck on, I looked at Halfords and I actually paid less for the Audi branded than the Thule originals - well worth beating your parts guy at your dealer up :)

Quality thanks for that. Can you fit it to either side or even in the center?
Guess it may be hard to access from centre tho

Yea got roof rails, well I will have by the end of March hopefully

Yes fit it anywhere- it has left/right forward/backward adjustment.
I went for kerb side for easy access and as far back without fouling the spoiler on the boot lid when open.

One from the front after fitting, excuse the filth!
5453fca135ef8a1ebaf85a45718cbc23.jpg

I'm going away for a week this month so it'll be its first proper test and the reason I got on and bought it.
I've left it fitted to the car in the mean time and you don't know it's there, if you listen for it there is a slight wind noise over 60mph and the radio off, but nothing intrusive.

Spot on my thoughts are with the little one we can't be ***** with planes and fancy a few holidays up north and thought instead of taking the 1.5 diesel b class strap on of these and and take the rs3 much safer too lol

Same here mate, we'll likely be driving to France later in the year too so it'll be used then too.

Oh one more question does it come in Panther or just plain mythos lol

Looks great and amazed no whistle as any I've used have acted like a speed deterrent as anything over 80 got noisy. Love the gloss black but as it's hardly used I'll have to stick with my current silver one.
Ditto the driving v planes with kids I just think it's easier and a good excuse to drive off to Tuscanny again this year via France & Switzerland its all amazing once you're off the Ferry and very relaxing

Hahaha! Nice! Enjoying it? You've only had it a few hours tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's a different beast to the RS6, but am enjoying it so far. Took a while to find one with this high a spec. Little hooligan.