vag-com/vcds help please, am i just being thick?

saxonblue

Reaction score
Hi all, so I am tiring to sort out the foot well lighting on my A5, its got a symphony set up with no nav,I done all the coding and stuff like that, but keep getting a message saying "this appears to be an uninitiated control module, valid WSC/Importer/equipment data may be required
click yes for vcds to use default values of 12345/123/12345
click no to try the values currently in the module
click cancel to go back and manually edit the values ???? ermmmmm HELP PLASE, iv tryd the yes button, and it has done nothing, also the no button with the same outcome?

this is what iv done so far
09-cent elect
07-long coding helper
clicked on all the bytes ( but changed nothing) till i get to the one that has footwell lighting enable ambient lighting attached to it, then i put a tick in the box next to it to enable it, this dose change the value in the box, then i click exit and do it
then i go to
56 radio,- coding 07, do the bits thing
then do the same till everything is good to go, then when i go to the "do it" bit the above message pops up?????
am now ripping my hair out HELP PLEAS, AND PUT IT IN A WAY THAT A DUMMY CAN UNDERSTAND !!!

Don't you have to have the hidden menu active to do this?
I tried this on my A5 and got the coding to work ( I have nav)
Got the dial up in the menu to adjust brightness but when I looked I don't have the foot well lights lol.

with me only having the basic setup, as in a symphony unit without nav , I cant get to the hidden menu by holding down car and set up buttons,
I have tried to do this job of getting it to pop up on the meu screen of the mmi, but nothing as yet ????