Are misfires normal?

WetFishDB

Reaction score
So... there are other threads that discuss my ongoing problems with my S3, but have a specific question that I would like some help with. The dealer asked me to use VCDS to help diagnose what might be causing a sporadic 'hesitation' when driving. So, several journeys done and I review the logs, and it appears all 4 cylinders are misfiring sporadically. The hesitation seems to coincide with multiple cylinders misfiring at similar times.

Now, I know the hesitation isn't normal, but it it normal for cylinders to misfire? Any theories out there as to what might be causing it?

Any help appreciated.

No, not normal at all.

Bad batch of plugs?
Bad batch of plug top coils?
Injectors?
HPFP?
Faulty ECU?

No, not normal at all.

Bad batch of plugs?
Bad batch of plug top coils?
Injectors?
HPFP?
Faulty ECU?

They've recently changed all the spark plugs and the coils to try and resolve the issue. They now want me to go out for a drive with a master tech - ***, to see if I can replicate the hesitation with them in the car. Who knows, but thanks for the suggestions.

Love it.

Audi Customer Service. You get to do all their work for them. :)

you need to do something similar to this and park it up at the garage..

27E40E9600000578-0-image-a-24_1429782186468.jpg

I have lost all faith with Audi aftersales & service.. I have an email from them to fill out a survey.. hmmm what to put...

you need to do something similar to this and park it up at the garage..

27E40E9600000578-0-image-a-24_1429782186468.jpg

I have lost all faith with Audi aftersales & service.. I have an email from them to fill out a survey.. hmmm what to put...

Fortunately the dealer is being pretty good with arranging a deal to get me into another vehicle - just useless at diagnosing the problems with this one (not helped with a lack of error codes apparently).

Ah well that's not so bad I guess.. But yeah they are all useless at diagnosing problems. Mine is clearly having a problem and they witnessed it 1st hand and also my video yet they haven't been able to figure it out..

Anyhoo hope all goes well getting into another car.. :)