dpf

rallymangtb

Reaction score
Hi guys

How do I find out if my car has a dpf fitted

Ta

If you have a look in your boot/spare wheel well or Audi handbook with the options sticker. Look for a code 7GN. I believe that means no DPF...

Hi

Thanks for that

Is that in amongst all the optional codes on the sticker

Thanks

Hi

I'll have a look when I get home in the service book there's a sticker in there with it all on .I hope it hasn't as I want to get it mapped and with no dpf it's better on the wallet lol

the sticker is also in with the spare wheel.

Yea I know mate its just easier to look in the service book ,I'm lazy lol

yes. 7gn = no dpf, 7gg = dpf

a manual le mans i don't think will have one.

Mine is a face lift model, there is no mention of 7gn or 7gg.
I think that they must have been standard equipment at this stage. (I am only guessing)

Yea I think they were standered equipment in the face lift as far as I no

Mine has 7gn so no dpf that's handy.how do I find out what all the other 3 didget codes are ????

Easy way to tell, if you have down swept exhaust tail pipes you don't have a DPF
If you have straight pipes then you have a DPF

Also, wipe your finger on the inside of the exhaust pipe, if it comes out clean/very very light soot then you have a DPF, if it comes out black as the ace of spade you don't have a DPF.

To decode the rest of your options :

http://igorweb.org/equidec/

Tom.

Easy way to tell, if you have down swept exhaust tail pipes you don't have a DPF
If you have straight pipes then you have a DPF

Also, wipe your finger on the inside of the exhaust pipe, if it comes out clean/very very light soot then you have a DPF, if it comes out black as the ace of spade you don't have a DPF.

To decode the rest of your options :

http://igorweb.org/equidec/

Tom.
Thanks for that Tom I'll have a gander