Bodywork damaged

Usmxn

Reaction score
So left my car parked up and came back to someone b*stard having hit my car and left without leaving a note or anything.

Can anyone recommend what to do now? Any reputable bodyshops in Manchester?

That's a sore one mate, I feel your pain, F'n hate car parks & people who do things like this & drive away.
Hope you get it fixed and back to the way it was quickly.
JG

Sorry to hear about this mate. this is blatantly a prat with a towbar not knowing how to drive. I ueed to work in a bodyshop and been looking at pics to see extent of damage. May need another door unfortunately. i do hope hasnt damged the sill behind. keep us all updated with how it goes.

Any cctv in the car park?
Had a spate of car scratching in the street where I work.A car garage had a camera fitted in the street and the culprit was caught red handed..:busted cop:
He had a £1000 fine and 12 months sentence suspended for a year.also had to pay victims full cost of repairs..(he is an old man who objected to people parking in front of his house.Old b~@>?ard)

Reactions: Usmxn
That's a fair wallop, no way they didn't notice that happening.
The Police will charge them with leaving the scene, if they catch them AND wasting their time if they deny it.

I'd deffo look for CCTV etc bro, thats a decent smack no way they can say they didn't realise.

That's a sore one mate, I feel your pain, F'n hate car parks & people who do things like this & drive away.
Hope you get it fixed and back to the way it was quickly.
JG

Nice one mate. Hoping to do it asap as it's a sight for sore eyes

Sorry to hear about this mate. this is blatantly a prat with a towbar not knowing how to drive. I ueed to work in a bodyshop and been looking at pics to see extent of damage. May need another door unfortunately. i do hope hasnt damged the sill behind. keep us all updated with how it goes.

Damage hasn't gone through to the sill thankfully. He still managed to damage the door wing and alloy though :(

That's a fair wallop, no way they didn't notice that happening.
The Police will charge them with leaving the scene, if they catch them AND wasting their time if they deny it.

I'd deffo look for CCTV etc bro, thats a decent smack no way they can say they didn't realise.

Had a look around for any cctv cameras and didn't find anything so didn't bother phoning the police. Thought it would just be a waste of time.

What do you guys reckon, still make a report?

It's always worth sounding them out, they may know of CCTV cameras in the area.
When I said above the Police will charge them, I do know that a similar offence was committed by a woman in a 4x4 who just drove off without a second look.
The Police charged her with leaving the scene of an accident, when she denied it, they also charged her with wasting their time.
She also had to pay for the damage to the car she trashed.

Good enough for her.

It's always worth sounding them out, they may know of CCTV cameras in the area.
When I said above the Police will charge them, I do know that a similar offence was committed by a woman in a 4x4 who just drove off without a second look.
The Police charged her with leaving the scene of an accident, when she denied it, they also charged her with wasting their time.
She also had to pay for the damage to the car she trashed.

Good enough for her.

I'm glad some people have found justice. I'm going to see how much the cost is for repair from a few places and think I'll just have to give in and pay than make a stressful situation even longer

Reactions: Jake 61
Give the police a ring on 101 and report it you never know the driver maybe called in to ..hopefully .

Definitely report it. Police rely on these to put together statistics, which help to allocate budgets and resources more appropriately. It's never a crime to report one, no matter how small.

If you report it and get a crime ref number you may be able to claim through MIB or whatever it's called.

If you report it and get a crime ref number you may be able to claim through MIB or whatever it's called.

Just don't want my insurance to spike up and for me to lose my ncb because it'll work out much worse for me in the long run

Just don't want my insurance to spike up and for me to lose my ncb because it'll work out much worse for me in the long run

Fair enough bro. One thing I do, take pics of cars either side when I park in a car park. They may change while you're away but it's a start point in case

Fair enough bro. One thing I do, take pics of cars either side when I park in a car park. They may change while you're away but it's a start point in case

I'll probably start doing the same. Have got a dash cam that just needs to be fitted too.
Want her looking back to normal now, ocd is causing me headaches lol