V5 Logbook Query

chrisb72

Reaction score
I've just received the new V5 for the S3 I bought privately and despite the previous owner telling me he bought it from new in July 2014 the log book states it has 2 previous owners.

It was first registered on 28/06/14.

Then the previous owner acquired it 06/07/14.

Does this mean it was a pre-registered by Audi UK before the previous owner took delivery? Seems a bit odd to me and I don't understand why this would be the case?

I've just received the new V5 for the S3 I bought privately and despite the previous owner telling me he bought it from new in July 2014 the log book states it has 2 previous owners.

It was first registered on 28/06/14.

Then the previous owner acquired it 06/07/14.

Does this mean it was a pre-registered by Audi UK before the previous owner took delivery? Seems a bit odd to me and I don't understand why this would be the case?

It does but does it matter? My car was pre-registered and with only 100-miles used when I purchased it supposedly 'new' but in fact I am the second owner. Rover used to do this all the time - something to do with the purchase tax and who paid it. At least BLUEY knows she's going nowhere else so even if I am the second owner I'm most likely going to be the last