Custom remap

I'll agree, AMD is the place to go. Drop the car off to them and go for walk across to Lakeside for brekky/lunch. They'll phone you when all done.

Reactions: S3Alex
I think a stage 1 remap should be tweaked a bit if you have modified intake as the extra cold air will be of not much benefit if you dont, but with the standard air box there is no point as a generic map is set up on a perfectly standard running car and is always a safe map and not pushing any unsafe limits within your every day running car.

I kind of agree,but I do think that running the car on the RR,and seeing what it's doing on the road as well can't be a bad thing,and does pull up occasional issues like misfires/coilpacks/plugs etc that might otherwise get missed.

I think I may have been spoiled a bit with the service I've had by comparison with the stories some people give....

Reactions: audismart
I'll agree, AMD is the place to go. Drop the car off to them and go for walk across to Lakeside for brekky/lunch. They'll phone you when all done.

Yes...many a "happy" hour(and I use that word reservedly...LOL) spent wandering around Lakeside,but the wait is always worthwhile.

I kind of agree,but I do think that running the car on the RR,and seeing what it's doing on the road as well can't be a bad thing,and does pull up occasional issues like misfires/coilpacks/plugs etc that might otherwise get missed.

I think I may have been spoiled a bit with the service I've had by comparison with the stories some people give....
Lol Alex your on 1st name terms at AMD now and I recon your entitled to a few freebies by now mate with the work you have done on your car with them or ask them for shares in the company if not. :playful:

Lol Alex your on 1st name terms at AMD now and I recon your entitled to a few freebies by now mate with the work you have done on your car with them or ask them for shares in the company if not. :playful:

I am indeed on first name terms...all of the guys have been great,and Steve has engineered my car superbly well.

So would you recommend rick at unicorn or AMD? I dont mind taking a long road trip in order to get the best results, thanks

So would you recommend rick at unicorn or AMD? I dont mind taking a long road trip in order to get the best results, thanks

Difficult call.

Rick will be able to provide you with excellent custom mapping but if you needed an engine built then I can only recommend the people I know.

Thanks mate ive pm'd Rick so im hoping he can get me in the start of the month, thanks for all your advice :)