New member new car

boner1690

Reaction score
Hi all I just bought my first car a white 2010 a3 sportback techink 1.6 with 34k on the clock.

First thing I want to do is to put 18" s line replica wheels and lower it to look like the s line out of the factory what springs should I buy?

I'll attach a pic of the wheels I've saw and let me know if you think they look ok or better in normal silver to go with white and will they fit ok

Thanks boner

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-24-08-29-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-24-08-29-10.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Any pics of the car? Where you located? Enjoy the forum :) x

Thanks Sandra it seems a great forum with loads of traffic which is great.

No pics yet I pick it up on Friday just put the deposit down last night and I'm on the hunt for wheels and springs to make it look more like an s line, unfortunately my budget couldn't stretch.

I'm from Northern Ireland

Yes we are a busy forum and very friendly. Check out the classifieds section for parts. We have a small events section for local meets( link in my signature) fair few members in Ireland.

Reactions: SnazzyWafles
Thanks for the welcome.

What springs does everyone recommend for 25-30mm on 18 inch s line replicas?

I've decided on eibach pro 30mm springs

I've been advised since my car is 34k the dampers should be OK

How much are blistein dampers and where should I get them? Thanks for the advice I'm new to this all

Personally I wouldn't buy the replica wheels, much better off buying used genuine as many reps are pretty poor quality!

Which dampers should I buy and where would I best get them? Thanks for any info my plan is first to lower the car 30mm on the standard 17 wheels until the new year when I can afford 18 s line wheels

I also want to remove the badges on the back (a3 and 1.6 )
Light tint to the rear windows
Wind deflectors

I've went for the eibach pro and going to try them the standard dampers for now if I feel I need to buy dampers after Christmas I will when I get some money.

Whats a reasonable price to pay to have the springs fitted?

My MOT is up in Jan and it was serviced 5000 mile ago should I get it serviced again before MOT in Jan?

I've went for the eibach pro and going to try them the standard dampers for now if I feel I need to buy dampers after Christmas I will when I get some money.

Whats a reasonable price to pay to have the springs fitted?

My MOT is up in Jan and it was serviced 5000 mile ago should I get it serviced again before MOT in Jan?
£200/300

Personally I wouldn't buy the replica wheels, much better off buying used genuine as many reps are pretty poor quality!
i agree with that too! i used to have reps on mine and they buckled in no time, i found some genuine wheels on ebay for not much money