Built in Microphone.

Ianski68

Reaction score
So this is the question. Thinking of installing an aftermarket head unit. A d/din so as it will fit straight in. But what I need to know is will my cars built in mic that runs with my cars factory BT phone still work with the new head unit. ? I want to use the mfsw to allow me to access my phone via the new headsets BT so will need a mic.

Cheers.

it depends on whether the aftermarket stereo has mfs support. If it does you can usually continue to use the cars built in mic but you're best researching the stereo you're thinking of buying first.

The mic and Bluetooth is nothing to do with your stereo
The stereo only allows the phone to pass through it and display it etc
So the mic and mfsw for the phone functions won't be affected

The mfsw functions for your new stereo however will be unless you get an adapter etc

So really my best option would be to get it professionally installed and just stipulate what I want regarding mfsw and mic etc?

If you have the know-how and time and don't mind getting your fingers dirty then DIY. Myself....i paid a pro and got what i wanted with no fuss and a warranty.

If i had the skills my bills would have been half.

If you have the know-how and time and don't mind getting your fingers dirty then DIY. Myself....i paid a pro and got what i wanted with no fuss and a warranty.

If i had the skills my bills would have been half.
This also my problem. I have the savy and I am practical but don't have the place or prob not all the tools. Worried I would get so far then hit an obstacle. So that's why we have the professionals I guess.