What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Used this product on my car when I did the slims detailing course. Even the tutor said the product will be gone by the morning. Looks great when applied but probably more of a wow factor product for when your customer turns up to collect their car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dont believe everything folks tell you mate been using this for years.....

Reactions: Scotty75
Just ordered an Aquagleam 30ppm inline filter for final rinse . Rated for arund 30 washes so readily a year or just over of use. Couldve gone for 0ppm but they clog too quickly in harder water areas.

£64 from Ultimate finish so not a bad entry into using flittered water for rinsing. Thought about the Vyair type setup but that route isn't cheap as some of you well know .
Another member to the Waterboys Club...lol

Detailedclean.co.uk
Ordered some fireball snow foam from these as the last lot didn’t arrive, the company was terrible at replying and said they had proof of postage but no response since I asked to see it, luckily I paid with PayPal ( which I do wherever possible) so opened a case they had no reply either so settled in my favour never again will I use them would of been better getting it of eBay

Reactions: NevMan
Another member to the Waterboys Club...lol
ruining round the Sportback with a drying towel is getting tiring mate

Cant all have soft water like you lot up in the Highlands

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Proof is in the pudding and all......... Will post before and after photos in due course

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Ordered some fireball snow foam from these as the last lot didn’t arrive, the company was terrible at replying and said they had proof of postage but no response since I asked to see it, luckily I paid with PayPal ( which I do wherever possible) so opened a case they had no reply either so settled in my favour never again will I use them would of been better getting it of eBay
Theres a few companies that make this Si02 enhanced final rinse snow foam mate....

I thought at £50 a bottle it would be pretty poor value for money if it only lasted 8 hours or so, even if you do only use a tiny amount.

I thought at £50 a bottle it would be pretty poor value for money if it only lasted 8 hours or so, even if you do only use a tiny amount.

Mate, would definitely be very poor value, but the stuff works and lasts months

ruining round the Sportback with a drying towel is getting tiring mate

Cant all have soft water like you lot up in the Highlands

One of those (why didn’t i get this sooner) products Scotty

Got to love the Halfords trade card . 178 smackers , got a 2 tonne life profile trolley Jack , pair of 3 tonne racket axle stands and a 170 piece socket and spanner set . Which I opened and swiftly dropped all the bits out of and spent 45 minutes putting it all back in correct placement.

Looking forward to some DIY jobs like pads and discs . We'll see. Ever growing to do list . Autumn approaching so the Syncro is at the trip of the list . Wel my list anyway . Missus dragged me or shipping for paint today . Bathroom and downstairs loo are on her list

Think detailing is expensive ........ Looked at some paint in Brewers, made by "Little and Greene" , designer apparently . Anyway she found a lovely colour ......... 5 litres of eggshell was £106 ......... Come on seriously . Could buy a car dryer / blower for that dosh

Reactions: Jassyo06 and NevMan
Screenshot 20190812 121253 Chrome

Reactions: NevMan and josul
Last week I bought one along with a few other things:

Karcher K Series Swivel Quick Release Short Trigger Gun with Quick Release Nozzles
Bilt Hamber Auto Foam - 5 Litre
Bilt Hamber Surfex HD - 1 Litre
3x Soft Hog Hair Detailing Brushes (25mm, 30mm, 40mm)
Valet PRO Citrus Pre-Wash 5 Litre
in2Detailing Tyre Brush
HOSE-EEZ - Tire Jam Eliminator 4 Pack (Blue)
Snow Foam Lance Karcher Connector with 500ml of Magifoam - by Autobrite Direct

Not used the gun on the car yet but have rigged it up and tried it out - looks really good as all have said above. Bought mainly for the swivel so interested in how that performs as it feels quite stiff. One thing someone mentioned on here was to make sure you connect the nozzle properly and give it a blast pointing away from the car to make sure it doesnt fly off. I nearly smashed the bathroom window as I forgot about this tip so watch out!

The Autobrite lance replaced a directhoses one which I needed a replacement part for but I could not get any response from them. Anyway the difference is light and day! However the stainless steel bar had to be sacrificed to fit to the quick release gun as it took some getting off.

Reactions: A4A4, Jimbob76 and NevMan

Karcher K Series Swivel Quick Release Short Trigger Gun with Quick Release Nozzles
in2Detailing Tyre Brush

Not used the gun on the car yet but have rigged it up and tried it out - looks really good as all have said above. Bought mainly for the swivel so interested in how that performs as it feels quite stiff. One thing someone mentioned on here was to make sure you connect the nozzle properly and give it a blast pointing away from the car to make sure it doesnt fly off. I nearly smashed the bathroom window as I forgot about this tip so watch out!

The Autobrite lance replaced a directhoses one which I needed a replacement part for but I could not get any response from them. Anyway the difference is light and day! However the stainless steel bar had to be sacrificed to fit to the quick release gun as it took some getting off.

Nice haul there mate I also have autobrite lance that I have had for about 6 years. Quality bit of kit.

Reactions: Scotty75 and josul

in2Detailing Tyre Brush

Yeah read about that so will make sure it is connected fully. The reason I've got it is because the house wall limits my ability to apply foam on to the side of the car and as this is relatively inexpensive it seemed like a no brainer.
Let us know how you get on with it...

Reactions: josul and NevMan
Yeah read about that so will make sure it is connected fully. The reason I've got it is because the house wall limits my ability to apply foam on to the side of the car and as this is relatively inexpensive it seemed like a no brainer.
Let us know how you get on with it...

Once you have done it a few times (connect heads) it is pretty easy to connect properly, but I still do a test aiming away from car.

Will work well for limited space, and applying S/F

Reactions: Scotty75, josul and cuke2u
Nice one @cuke2u, you will love it. Can really get in the wheel arches, and so much less unwieldy
Thanks X3man, I have a house wall a couple of feet away from the side of the car so this will help immensely. Plus my upper body is still very painful and I find it a struggle still to lift both my arms. Seems my body's defense mechanism has led to it attacking my joints and muscles. It's called polymyalgia rheumatica, so still not as fit as I'd like to be.

This gun will help as not as heavy as the full lance plus a foam bottle...

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Been in touch with Imran at In2Detailing today, as my shorty gun has given up the ghost already. It was one of the earlier versions with the spring clip connector, and that rubber section of the gun has sheared - think it’s a weakness in the earlier design as I hadn’t dropped it or misused it.

Anyway, Imran’s happy to exchange it for the newer quick connector version - no quibbles. Good customer service and quite chuffed as saves me having to retro fit a quick connector to the gun that’s going back :thumbs up:

F6404C1B 950E 44D0 81F9 95550D9D046B

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man, Scotty75 and 1 other person
Been in touch with Imran at In2Detailing today, as my shorty gun has given up the ghost already. It was one of the earlier versions with the spring clip connector, and that rubber section of the gun has sheared - think it’s a weakness in the earlier design as I hadn’t dropped it or misused it.

Anyway, Imran’s happy to exchange it for the newer quick connector version - no quibbles. Good customer service and quite chuffed as saves me having to retro fit a quick connector to the gun that’s going back :thumbs up:

View attachment 188534
Good news (on the exchange) @Jimbob76 . I must admit I held off buying the gun, as had read about the spring clip and plastic "issues". didn't want to say anything to you at the time, as no point, but clearly it was an issue. :thumbs up:. Imran was quite open when i rang about it, and said updated version was on the way, as had other suppliers I spoke to.

Reactions: V6_Man and Jimbob76
Mine's arrived, no spring clip so hopefully ok...

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Jimbob76
Yes as I thought because it was new stock, just need to work out how to connect it to my autobrite foam lance which has a karcher k series connector...
Believe you remove the K attachment and in its place connect the attachment provided in the kit (based off of John's video on YT)

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Ok thanks for that, at some point I'll get around to sorting it out...
You need to remove the Karcher attachment off the stainless steel bar and then remove the bar. The quick release adaptor replaces this. I had to use grips on the screw thread in the end to get some grip to take it off.

Just to clarify you mean removing the kartcher adaptor and the bar from the autobrite foam lance?

Reactions: cuke2u
Mmm, might have to buy a new lance, the spigot seems to be well and truly seized in...

Mmm, might have to buy a new lance, the spigot seems to be well and truly seized in...
My lance is 6+ years old, and was a bit of a battle to get it off, but I just used gripper pliers and bosh

Reactions: josul and Scotty75
This is why I had to sacrifice that part on mine. I used some adjustable self grip pliers and clamped it onto the screw thread after taking the Karcher attachment off. I dont have a bench clamp so I held the lance and pressed the end of the grips against a brick wall as I needed this much force to get it going.

Edit: what @X3man said, should have read all posts before commenting...

Tried all of that, I remember reading, when I purchased it years ago, they said choose your adaptor carefully as they are next to impossible to remove.
TBH I haven't the strength to ****** about with it, there are AB Lance's available with the quick coupler already fitted anyway...

Reactions: NevMan, josul and Scotty75
First outing for the new stubby gun last night. Really good piece of kit, feels like there is much more control (coming from a Karcher K4 Compact gun) as your closer to the car. Spare hand picks up the hose without thinking about it and the swivel makes things so much easier. You dont have to think about how to turn trying to figure out which way the hose is going to spiral round. I was considering buying a rubber hose but think I will give it a few more washes before I decide now.

Gave the Bilt Hamber a blast too, have been using Auto Finesse Avalanch for my snow. Done things properly and calculated the 4% to the panel, big difference to just hitting the lance with an inch or so of product. What dilution ratio are you guys using? I have the Autobrite lance.

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Which colour nozzle did you use for the gun?
Despite purchasing the new foam gun I then found that 1/4 quick connector as supplied would not push fully into the female end of the stubby gun. After much swearing and cursing I managed to remove the connector from the new foam gun, wasn't impossible to do this time, and replace it with the one supplied with the stubby gun.
Now to try it out, when it eventually stops raining that is..

Reactions: NevMan and Adam14
Which colour nozzle did you use for the gun?
Despite purchasing the new foam gun I then found that 1/4 quick connector as supplied would not push fully into the female end of the stubby gun. After much swearing and cursing I managed to remove the connector from the new foam gun, wasn't impossible to do this time, and replace it with the one supplied with the stubby gun.
Now to try it out, when it eventually stops raining that is..
I was switching between the white and yellow but couldnt decide which one was best. Possibly the white as it has a wider angle so is not as powerful. I think they mentioned which one for which job on the review on forensic detailing.

Nightmare, hopefully your all set up now. Just a reminder put the nozzle on and give it a blast away from the car just in case! When I hit the bathroom window I think it was as I was trying them all and didnt pay much attention to putting it on but am a little paranoid now.

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
Just got Meguiars Carpet & Interior cleaner for deep clean I have already started.

Car is hoovered so I can clean the seats, roof liner, wash the carpet and matts.

Also, yesterday arrived K2 Klima Doktor, with air bomb.

Whole interior will be deodorized and new cabin filter installed
bb5e8a7c7afac72bdd27aa9e86a4139f.jpg
ea3f25b1b87a73e585058b22c427c010.jpg

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: josul, Adam14, Bryant1998 and 1 other person
I was switching between the white and yellow but couldnt decide which one was best. Possibly the white as it has a wider angle so is not as powerful. I think they mentioned which one for which job on the review on forensic detailing.

Nightmare, hopefully your all set up now. Just a reminder put the nozzle on and give it a blast away from the car just in case! When I hit the bathroom window I think it was as I was trying them all and didnt pay much attention to putting it on but am a little paranoid now.
Thanks for that, don't worry I will do a safety test of the gun before pointing it at my car, or anyone. Unless there are small children, dogs or cats p'ing me off ;-)

Reactions: Jimbob76, josul and Bryant1998