What Detailing / Car Care Products Have You Bought / Ordered Today?

Thank you both for your advice ( your results from your posts are amazing ) and it has guided me in the right direction - will stick with Hex Logic Quantum pads with the hole and was looking at a 15mm Das Pro Plus so that ticks another box from your advice.

Looked at deals from https://www.in2detailing.co.uk. but browsing it looks like a sweetshop which can be dangerous :icon thumright:

Just want to make it easier to polish the car as arms ache doing the Avant and since a) A6 was a 1500 mile demo b) A1 was washed once by the Audi Dealer want to bring the paint back up - actually swirls are few just needs lifted so white pads should be enough - hope to get a shine like @jassyo06

View attachment 163780
Once again thanks for your replies.
You'll need the green Hex Logic Quantum pads for the one step compound correction mate, the white pads are only for polishing and not correcting there too soft especially on Audi's clear coat

Reactions: Neil Woodburn and NevMan
Also phone Imran at In2detaling firstly he will advise then order online use the code FORENSIC for a discount on goods

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
Gyeon Foam....9/10 on par with Valet pro advanced so it ****** well should be...££
Would you guy it again, or stick with Valet PRO? Sounds like for the money VP is the smarter buy.

Really minor purchase, but bought some Dirtbusters snow foam and am awaiting arrival today. Bought 5 litres, so I’m hoping it’s as good as the Car Plan Demon Wash I bought last time, which smelled awesome and seemed to foam up well to remove a good amount of dirt.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06
Would you guy it again, or stick with Valet PRO? Sounds like for the money VP is the smarter buy.
Don't know yet only used it ounce but will experiment with different dilutions then decide but going to buy some valet pro advanced ASAP

Reactions: NevMan
Don't know yet only used it ounce but will experiment with different dilutions then decide but going to buy some valet pro advanced ASAP

But better than autoglym one

Reactions: Jassyo06
@jassyo06 here is the proof
emoji41.png
emoji41.png
emoji3.png
. Detailed the Insignia today. Products used in the order were:

- CarPro IronX (alloys)
- BH Snowfoam + BH Surfex HD
- CarPro IronX (body)
- CarPro Reset
- BH Claybar with Dodo Juice Born Slippy
- DAS 6 Pro Plus with CG Quantum Hex-Logic Green Pads
- Sonax S20+
- Gtechniq Panel Wipe
- Sonax BSD
- Megs Tyres Gel
- Megs Interior Detailer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at buying a DAS 6 Pro Plus for a starter and occasional use machine on our cars of 1 + 3 years old which have minimum swirls + defects - just need to do a 1 stage cut then reseal.

Question from your experience is pads & suppliers - but prices from say ZFE ( https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Pc-3-4-...9c:m:m5_2Ifb0HNL0XWjmDaH58rw&var=450957032323 ) and Chemical Guys are quite a difference - know you get what you pay for - think I would need 4 extra pads to do a full car and therefore cost does mount up.

You use green pads which is a 'medium' cut I believe - would 'white' do for a fine cut them polish with say a or blue or black pad ?

Also was thinking of using Scholl Black 20 Black as a cutting agent - good / bad / indifeerent for Audi paint ?
View attachment 163770

If you do purchase these pads. Then let us know how you got on with them.

At £8.99 for three 6" pads seems cheap.

Just paid £14.99 for one Megs cutting pad. So always looking to cut costs not corners.

If you do purchase these pads. Then let us know how you got on with them.

At £8.99 for three 6" pads seems cheap.

Just paid £14.99 for one Megs cutting pad. So always looking to cut costs not corners.
£14-99 is way expensive for the Megs brand mate Scholl Concepts pads are cheaper and are designed to work with there polishes and compounds Chemical Hex Logic Quantum,
Flex, Rupes, lake Country pads all come highly recommended

You'll need the green Hex Logic Quantum pads for the one step compound correction mate, the white pads are only for polishing and not correcting there too soft especially on Audi's clear coat

Thanks for that - I appreciate the advice on here and all pointers as no point wasting time + money on 'trial & error' purchases.

heres something unexpected i saw on facebook today, Chemical Guys are opening a store 5 miles from me in Kendal! Personally not the biggest fan of there stuff but probably going to their opening day this saturday

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06 and NevMan
heres something unexpected i saw on facebook today, Chemical Guys are opening a store 5 miles from me in Kendal! Personally not the biggest fan of there stuff but probably going to their opening day this saturday

Some of there car shampoos are great mate and there machine polishing pads are ****** great a wee sample box of theirs maybe on offer on the opening day so yeah get yourself down there
Angelwax is roughly 14 miles from me but I dare not visit lol

I do like Angelwax products, ordering one of their air fresheners tonight as it goes. They last ages and smell really good.

Order

Ordered this lot on saturday, i decided against the waxes you recommended @jassyo06 . Im holding back on spending big on wax till next spring when i will go for the Fireball fusion. In the meantime i thought id try the In2detailing Ceramic Crystal wax. It got good recommendation from @Bristle Hound so ill post comments and photos in a few days.. Hopefully its good stuff, reckon im going to apply at least 2 layers for winter protection. time regarding that

Reactions: Jassyo06 and A4A4
Some of there car shampoos are great mate and there machine polishing pads are ****** great a wee sample box of theirs maybe on offer on the opening day so yeah get yourself down there
Angelwax is roughly 14 miles from me but I dare not visit lol
agreed their pads are good, i find the problem with them is they have a massive product range, yet so little difference between them, so many soaps, detailers etc.

cant make it on saturday, might pop in on sunday if they're open and have a natter, be good to get to know a bit of a detailing community nearby

New Operation in Kendal is offering website 10% discount if anyone is interested until 31st August
Screen Shot 2018 08 27 at 192041

Reactions: NevMan, MattSedg, Scotty75 and 1 other person
ive been interested in some of their air fresheners now my carpro skysblu has run out, heard they smell good but dont last long so might pick a bottle or two up if im passing

Reactions: V6_Man
ive been interested in some of their air fresheners now my carpro skysblu has run out, heard they smell good but dont last long so might pick a bottle or two up if im passing

Been using CG New Car Smell air freshener for the last couple of years (2+) and really like it. Off course I am on my third bottle as few of my mates have taken their share from the bottles as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, NevMan and MattSedg
Been using CG New Car Smell air freshener for the last couple of years (2+) and really like it. Off course I am on my third bottle as few of my mates have taken their share from the bottles as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i was thinking of grabbing morning wood, and stripper scent..........:whistle2:

i actually have heard the stripper scent is nice, so might get that and the leather scent, if they have them in stock

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
If you are interested - Halfords are doing 30% discount on Meguiars and Demon products plus 20% off Auto Finesse Products.

As usual need to do your homework on prices but if you are a regular user of the products you'll know if it is worth stocking up.

Screen Shot 2018 08 28 at 174942

Reactions: A4A4 and Pook
758F513B 99D6 45B6 B3CF 01161326B207

Time to tackle my cruddy pipes - car doesn’t look properly clean with dirty a-holes

Reactions: Jassyo06, MattSedg, NevMan and 1 other person
View attachment 163954

Time to tackle my cruddy pipes - car doesn’t look properly clean with dirty a-holes
Add a can of WD40 and some wire wool to that lot and you're on a winner

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Or this for £2

70ddba3d-1ca7-4be3-8fb1-4580c09de357-jpeg.161476

Used bar keepers friend to clean and polish the tail pipes.

Add a bit of water to it to make a paste.

Leave to dry and buff off.

2e3a294c-e01c-42b1-ac2f-b2fb0443b771-jpeg.161477

Also great for cleaning stainless steel sinks. +Multiple other uses.

Reactions: rasA4, V6_Man, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Add a can of WD40 and some wire wool to that lot and you're on a winner

Wire wool on the inside of the pipes only I assume? Wouldn’t want to scratch the outside of the tips! My mate at work uses soapy water and a Brillo pad :blink:

Light is going so just given a quick once over on the outside of the exhaust tips just now (just the Autosol and some elbow grease and a buff up) - it is good stuff, I recommend. Will have the tips off at the weekend to do it properly.

They were pretty bad, but with very little effort...

53823653 F5AC 422F 8F6F E683AAF24C89

Last edited:
Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06, Scotty75 and 2 others
This little lot arrived today.. New Korean mf's are really plush. Ceramic Crystal wax smells good, looking forward to seeing the results of it.

7 am start on Friday for me, it's going to be a busy day. Giving the A3 a thorough detail including paint correction with Scholl S3 Gold XXL.

Just hoping for an overcast day lol....
0e58115974976d28262823271d85945f.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06 and NevMan
Applying wax.

DA or by hand ? Im thinking with the DA using a soft finishing pad , any thoughts ? Also , any tips regarding using the clay bar ?

Wire wool on the inside of the pipes only I assume? Wouldn’t want to scratch the outside of the tips! My mate at work uses soapy water and a Brillo pad :blink:

Light is going so just given a quick once over on the outside of the exhaust tips just now (just the Autosol and some elbow grease and a buff up) - it is good stuff, I recommend. Will have the tips off at the weekend to do it properly.

They were pretty bad, but with very little effort...

View attachment 163958
Nice job @Jimbob76 , tail pipes looking good. Mine took a fair bit of work. I think me cleaning them was the first time since the car left the dealers.

Reactions: NevMan and Jimbob76
Applying wax.

DA or by hand ? Im thinking with the DA using a soft finishing pad , any thoughts ? Also , any tips regarding using the clay bar ?
Will let the experts answer properly, but I would have thought DA with finishing would do much better job than by hand.
On the clay bar, split into 4 quarters, then flatten each out, use plenty lube, and DON'T DROP!
Usual approach of small sections at a time, and then fold over/knead bar.

I used on my Q5 when new, but got very little off, as paint was pretty good.

Reactions: V6_Man, Jassyo06 and Scotty75
Applying wax.

With the clay bar, use a quick detailer spray to lube the surface that you are wiping the clay bar over. Use a gentle wiping motion, you hardly need any pressure. Fold the clay regularly. If you drop it, bin it. When you’ve finished the car bin it and buy another one next time you need to clay the car. Follow these steps and you’ll avoid any marring of the paint. It can give a great clean base to then polish and apply last stage protection to, but use it gently and treat it with respect to avoid cursing yourself. Hope it goes well mate - wishing you a nice dry cloudy day!

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
Ah the dreaded dropsy ........ Led hope that doesn't happen I'm really hoping for good results after Friday's efforts, I'm guessing a 12 hour shift is on the horizon with everything I'll be doing. The only step I won't be doing is ceramic coating as I don't have access to a garage

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
Ah the dreaded dropsy ........ Led hope that doesn't happen I'm really hoping for good results after Friday's efforts, I'm guessing a 12 hour shift is on the horizon with everything I'll be doing. The only step I won't be doing is ceramic coating as I don't have access to a garage

Only dropped one of the 4, but it was the 2nd piece used, so was nervous after that.

Both our cars were ceramic'd outside, and I did JCW door shuts a few weeks ago outside, but does depend on the product you use.
Envious of your "shift" on Friday.

I'm also wondering about the number of layers of wax to go for. Thinking a minimum of two possibly three. The product info stated it can be layered so I'm thinking why not, more the better eh ?

Last edited:
Only dropped one of the 4, but it was the 2nd piece used, so was nervous after that.

Both our cars were ceramic'd outside, and I did JCW door shuts a few weeks ago outside, but does depend on the product you use.
Envious of your "shift" on Friday.
It's been a while in the waiting....... Trying you get a day when er indoors doesn't need the car ALL day

Applying wax.

Scoop it oot with a teaspoon or even smaller and spread evenly across the pad Simples only use on big flat panels though

Reactions: Scotty75 and NevMan
Bought some gear to do the wheels as the golf Pretoria wheels are a nightmare to clean.

AF wheel shampoo
Amazon wheel Woolies
AF wheel cleaner

Also got some microfiber wash mitts from Amazon. 2 for £12 and I swear these are the gyeon ones just with no logo. Get the odd bargain on there
12b3e1f9188b393f8ca4d89498aa6dd2.jpg
34283fe7c066d2556e4fa71f9ea84779.jpg
5ff577daa343af0fd7c8b0b11d347af4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: V6_Man and Scotty75
I've got one of those wash mitt's, very good. You just need some Angelwax Bilberry wheel wax on those rims and you'll be sweet

Reactions: Raiden