Bilstein B4 Dampers

dg1980

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2.0TFSI Quattro S Line and have been looking at some new dampers as mine seem to be on their way out. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Bilstein B4 dampers. I do find the S Line suspension a little stiff and find myself swerving round every pothole etc. From what I've been reading many are saying the Bilstein B4 gives a softer ride. I will be also changing the springs and am torn between H&R and Eibach, which Spring would also give a more softer ride?

Cheers,
Dan.

To me it would seem paradoxical to go with a stiffer spring but softer damper...surely that would make the ride worse?

I have the eibach pro-kit springs and they are great. Improve the handling without sacrificing the ride quality. Many people match them with the Bilstein b8 damper which is stiffer but more comfortable as it stops the car wallowing around - something it is prone to.

I bought my springs from Damian from @DPM performance and I can wholeheartedly recommend him...

Reactions: DPM and Sandra
Hi,

I have a 2.0TFSI Quattro S Line and have been looking at some new dampers as mine seem to be on their way out. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Bilstein B4 dampers. I do find the S Line suspension a little stiff and find myself swerving round every pothole etc. From what I've been reading many are saying the Bilstein B4 gives a softer ride. I will be also changing the springs and am torn between H&R and Eibach, which Spring would also give a more softer ride?

Cheers,
Dan.

Check my progress thread. B12 kit being fitted so might be of interest. Defo speak with Damian @ DPM

Reactions: DPM
The Bisltein B4 dampers are basically a gas version of the standard dampers.

As for springs I'd say the Eibach Pro springs offer a more comfortable ride compared to the H&R's.

If I can be any help with info or prices feel free to drop us a PM or call.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Thanks for the replies and advice guys. Damian I will give you a call soon for some prices and advice on the best set up.

Cheers,
Dan.

Reactions: DPM