S3 oil temp

pburv

Reaction score
Hi all.
What temp do you get showing up on your dis in laptimer mode?
It was blank on my display this morning only first showing up at 80 deg.
Not sure what normal running temp should be?
Thanks guys...Paul:footy:

My Golf R ran consistently 90-95 C

My S3 runs hotter under same driving conditions around 95-100 C

Audi needs to dump all the useless fuel data and put oil, water, boost and EGT's on the MMI and DIS.

Reactions: tektrob, Gazwould and pburv
My Golf R ran consistently 90-95 C

My S3 runs hotter under same driving conditions around 95-100 C

Audi needs to dump all the useless fuel data and put oil, water, boost and EGT's on the MMI and DIS.
Yes I agree with you on that one..
There is a way of doing it using vcds but there is no one near me who has it..:frown new:

Mine typically runs at about 102C, takes about 10 miles/15 mins to get to full running temp

Reactions: WarwickL
95 - 100 on the motorway taking it easy and getting close to 110 when i'm giving it some

Reactions: cpc_s3 and batch
Spot on, plus my oil temp tends to start reading at 53. Seems to take forever to get to 90!

Yep same here Batch............though it does go up a lot quicker in dynamic ;)

Mines shows from 50c and I agree it does seem quite a while to hit the magic 90c

Off topic but if I start my car from cold in dynamic it behaves like auto or comfort until I cycle through the modes back to dynamic again.

Mines shows from 50c and I agree it does seem quite a while to hit the magic 90c

Off topic but if I start my car from cold in dynamic it behaves like auto or comfort until I cycle through the modes back to dynamic again.

Yep, agree

Mine never moves off 95-100 C under all driving conditions.

If I push it hard, might make 105C but no higher

We are a 'hot climate' zone with a different map and some HW differences which could make an impact

Yep, agree

Mine never moves off 95-100 C under all driving conditions.

If I push it hard, might make 105C but no higher

We are a 'hot climate' zone with a different map and some HW differences which could make an impact

mine runs higher 105 c in peak hour traffic, 115 c when going hard.

Reads from 50 and takes 8mins of driving at 50mph to reach 90C, then its hammer time.

Warm here, ambient over 30C, so car runs between 102-106.. after some extended boost and flying around twisties, it can hit 109 though :)

Mid 90's most of the time, will go over a 100 in traffic. Usually sits around 110 when I've been driving hard.

This drives me insane!

typically 95to - 110 depending on how enthusiastic im feeling

Mid 90's most of the time, will go over a 100 in traffic. Usually sits around 110 when I've been driving hard.

This drives me insane!

Glad it isn't just me, hate having to flick through settings for max performance

Reactions: Wondering Soul
Glad it isn't just me, hate having to flick through settings for max performance
Any one tried asking main dealer to change the settings on their diagnostics??

start from 50c, normal driving is from 95-105c depending on weather....went upto 110c wen driving hard

start from 50c, normal driving is from 95-105c depending on weather....went upto 110c wen driving hard
Cheers Salik.
That seems to be what I,m getting.:salute:

Reactions: Salik Sajid