vcds any thoughts

mathew lisett

Reaction score
so with the issues ive been having and the fact its costs and arm and a leg for diagnostics to happen each and every time i have an issue, and after seeing a vcds video showing how to deal with issues like the throttle body .

what would be advisable to get and where from.

will they work with say the lg g4, or ipad air 2? or am i going to have to buy a 2nd hand laptop just for this purpose?

The Ross tech cable is expensive but can do mostly everything you will ever need. The software updates as and when required. Iirc you need to connect via usb. @NHN on here sells these cables. He will also tell you what you an connect too

Sandra :)

Thanks Sandra xxx

Yes I supply the genuine cables, ping me a pm as we can send out today for tomorrow if need be.

not for the uk market sadly, its still only in beta in the states according to their website

by the way ive followed you as i cant see how to do a pm
Mathew, if you go to the top right of your screen where you sign in, if you hover over your name, a list will drop down. Select conversation. type in recipient, then add a title, write your message and then send. I will @NHN so he sees that you looking for contact with him. :) x

not for the uk market sadly, its still only in beta in the states according to their website

Ahh - sorry, I hadn't read in full - saw an article on it a couple of months ago and thought it looked like a positive upgrade so just copied the link for you! Hopefully it will come to us in the end! In the meantime, if you can get access to a laptop I can definitely recommend the software - I use mine a fair bit as we've got 2 Audi's and family have VW's.....

Ahh - sorry, I hadn't read in full - saw an article on it a couple of months ago and thought it looked like a positive upgrade so just copied the link for you! Hopefully it will come to us in the end! In the meantime, if you can get access to a laptop I can definitely recommend the software - I use mine a fair bit as we've got 2 Audi's and family have VW's.....
that being said its a bit odd because the mobile and "hex" if i have that name correct, basically do the exact same thing since the hex has wifi and therefore you could do the work with any device with wifi