Coil pack strange question

puggsy21

Reaction score
Hey everyone this is very random and not sure if this was true but i heard that a while ago audi were recalling its 10+ year old cars to replace the coil packs with updated versions can anyone tell me if this was true and if so how long was that going for

apologies if this is not true i just wanted to ask

ye, just phone audi and check if yours has had the recall got 3 of mine done foc the on that was not done hade been done by someone else.

How can i be sure myself is there anything i can check as i can ring audi and they may just say that it has been done i could be that 1% that told one thing but not been recalled for them :)

the one that was not an audi 1 still works well, you could have a look and check them. honest just give them a call and as.

Which department would i need to speak to and is it just calling my nearest dealer

Thanks for your replies

Service dept I would imagine... please note that the coil pack recall is subject to you having genuine coil packs and they are of the affected part number variant...

This is also only for the push in type coil pack so if you have bolt downs these are excluded

<tuffty/>

Service dept I would imagine... please note that the coil pack recall is subject to you having genuine coil packs and they are of the affected part number variant...

This is also only for the push in type coil pack so if you have bolt downs these are excluded

<tuffty/>

Thanks tuffty, yeh mine are push in style and i believe they are the oem coil packs as i have never changed them neither has the owner before me as i know him, and he purchased the car in 2011, also there is nothing in the audi wallet that links the car ever of going back to have and coil pack work done and neither in its service history does it mention about the coil packs

tuffty one more thing do you happen to know the best/rated place to get my FIS lcd dashboard screen fixed/replaced

Thanks

tuffty one more thing do you happen to know the best/rated place to get my FIS lcd dashboard screen fixed/replaced

Thanks

Sorry I don't... never had to have it done so never looked into it..

There are a fair discussions about this in the 8L section but as the search function is not working at the moment I can't even suggest you look for those...

<tuffty/>

I see there are services on ebay but dont want to send my clusters to someone that hasn't preferebly been recommended through here, i can solder and know i could do this job very easily but there isnt anywhere local i can get the lcd from they are all germany and poland :(

Thanks @Nilz have you or anyone you know used them i have read there article but just like to get views of people that have used this service

I havent used them, but previously on the forum a few people have used them and have had really good feedback from them.

Also, the one that Lee suggests is meant to be good too and if he has used them a few times, then its worth checking them out too.