Help and advice needed

tazzy baby

Welsh & Proud
Reaction score
Hi everyone ive managed to get my hands on this b7 steering wheel but didn't get time to nab the slip ring as well. Can anyone what part number slip ring i need for it and if there is anything else i woild need to fit it to my b6 thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-08-21-52-03.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-08-21-52-03.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
looks like you're planning the same as me, but i have the 4 spoke MFSW with Tip from an A6/A8 with the round airbag.

First sticking point I have found is the airbag. on my car its single stage (one connector), on the A6/A8 its multi-stage (Two connectors). not sure how to overcome this one....

Slip ring is 4E0-953-541-B for the MFSW I believe. You also have to make sure that the Steering column module isnt an "F" or "S" suffixed part number, as I dont think they support anything except the DIS stalk.

There are tales of people doing 1 stage to 2 stage swap & the airbag not going off in a crash!
You risk your own safety & negating your insurance.

The airbag thing is what just axed my hopes of putting a B7 RS4 wheel in my car. I'd really take the while airbag thing before you do the swap.

I would not bother to wire up the airbag up as the dual stage airbag won't fire in a crash with a single stage controller. see this link http://audiforum.us/threads/audi-a3-crash-whit-singel-to-dual-stage-airbag-dont-do-it.10870/ . Just buy a couple of resistors to keep the light off and fit an airbag cover, as you can get the cheap off ebay (sell the actual airbag and make some money back).

As long as you are 100% sure you don't care about the airbag then it's a good looking mod, but I would make sure you put the old wheel back in if you sell the car.