F1 season 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
And let's be honest... was also useless

I believe the Haas team have got more than a good chance of being the best of the rest.

Just having a quick look on Skybet (first site on Google) 50/1 Romain & 100\1 Esteban, on them winning a race and 3/1 and 9/1 on a podium finish in 2016.

Anyone think they have a podium chance?

Reactions: Steve!
Hmmm interesting point Ghost... Trying to search for exactly what spec of Ferrari engine they have? This year's or a year old one?

Not sure about 'best of the rest' but they could surprise a few for sure...

Last edited:
The new rule for engine suppliers this year is to supply exactly the same engine as manufacturer uses.

The new rule for engine suppliers this year is to supply exactly the same engine as manufacturer uses.

Yet Torro Rosso are using last year's Ferrari engine.... Hmmmm

The Hass car was designed in the Maranello wind tunnel and uses Ferrari’s 2016 engine.

Romain Grosjean is a good all around driver, and Esteban Gutierrez was Ferrari’s test driver
:friends:

Reactions: Ozmosis
Kimi tests halo head protection….

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123068

1456994522.jpg

..do it really give that much protection?

Yeah I saw that too this morning about the halo... Looks like it will stop a rogue wheel (though they should be tethered anyway) but can't see it helping should something terrible happen like Jules Bianchi's accident.

Also not going to do much in the Massa 'spring' incident either...

Reactions: Ghost
As above would stop a wheel but probably wouldn't have done much for Bianchi or Massa with their accidents. Probably would have helped people like Justin Wilson or Henry Surtees but they weren't in an F1 car. But if F1 take this up it may filter down to other formula.

Reactions: Ghost and Ozmosis
So less than a week to go before the start of the 2016 season. I really can't wait anymore! I suspect the first race to be a boring affair, with the guy going first into the first corner coming first at the end of the race. Guess the main surprise of the new season is the new quali format.

I think you're absolutely right, jojo, and as such have as yet curbed my enthusiasm for next weekend; in fact, we'll be going out for a Sunday lunch instead - it'll be a dog-free restaurant... :racer:

But I'll have my Sebastian fingers crossed...
Animated ghost image 0006

Reactions: Ghost and jojo
Mercedes have said they won't be restricting the drivers as much this year and they will be allowed to race more freely. Hopefully this will make life more interesting at the front, I am sure the guys in red will be doing their best. Maybe Raikonnen will show a bit better this year with a return to push rod suspension and a better front end it fits his driving style better.

Mercedes have said they won't be restricting the drivers as much this year and they will be allowed to race more freely. .

Where's the small print in this quote? lol Seriously, I wonder if it's more to do with less radio comms. between driver and team, and I bet somewhere along the line, there will be coded team orders without a doubt.

I am sure you are right it's as much to do with the change in radio comms as anything else. Mercedes will be quite happy if they can win the both championship's again. I think they would rather A German won and not one in a red car.

I think you're absolutely right, jojo, and as such have as yet curbed my enthusiasm for next weekend; in fact, we'll be going out for a Sunday lunch instead - it'll be a dog-free restaurant... :racer:

But I'll have my Sebastian fingers crossed... View attachment 83601

Sunday lunch? Sounds great, but the race is during breakfast time ;-)

Reactions: Ghost and jojo
Mercedes have said they won't be restricting the drivers as much this year and they will be allowed to race more freely. Hopefully this will make life more interesting at the front, I am sure the guys in red will be doing their best. Maybe Raikonnen will show a bit better this year with a return to push rod suspension and a better front end it fits his driving style better.

Does this mean in code that Nico and Lewis have picked different tyre strategies for the first few races?? Could be interesting...

Sunday lunch? Sounds great, but the race is during breakfast time ;-)

Smileyfaceapplausegif
Good job Ozmosis; proves I can fool some of the people some of the time but not everyone all of the time; might just have to get up early to support my man Sebastian while RS3copilot goes for her Mercedes man, tsk... :sadlike:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost and Ozmosis
Does this mean in code that Nico and Lewis have picked different tyre strategies for the first few races?? Could be interesting...
We will see what happens when one driver needs to overtake the other for their strategy to work. Will Lewis let Nico past? I doubt it very much. Vice versa, Lewis usually finds a way doesn't he? :D

Reactions: Ozmosis
APPLAUSE-1.gif
[/URL][/IMG] Good job Ozmosis; proves I can fool some of the people some of the time but not everyone all of the time; might just have to get up early to watch...

Lol, I was going to suggest the race was at 5am when you made the post John, but I was busy at work!

Reactions: 45bvtc and Ozmosis
Personally hoping Torro Rosso boys will surprise in Australia... We will see!

Personally hoping Torro Rosso boys will surprise in Australia... We will see!

I'll go with that, too, Ozmosis; anything and anyone really so long as it doesn't get processional after lap three and if by lap 5 it has then I'm hitting the record button and retiring to the garage or greenhouse and review the results chart later - I'm already leaning toward WEC racing anyway...:racer:

Reactions: slepy and Ozmosis
I'll go with that, too, Ozmosis; anything and anyone really so long as it doesn't get processional after lap three and if by lap 5 it has then I'm hitting the record button and retiring to the garage or greenhouse and review the results chart later - I'm already leaning toward WEC racing anyway...:racer:

Don't forget MotoGP will be in the evening too in Qatar... Could be a nice 'relief' if F1 is a procession...

I think this whole year will be a bore fest. The lot of them will be concentrating on next years machine. They may say otherwise but........:sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol::sleepsymbol:

Will I still watch? Yes, because I love motorsports but looking forward to this years BTCC than F1.

Reactions: 45bvtc
BTCC is looking better and better every year. Can't wait for the opener. Also getting eurosport subscription to watch WEC. Not worth having sky sport only to watch 10 races a year. I'm sure 10 on C4 will be boring enough.

Yes. Sports package and no eurosport.

Yeah, it's part of sky which you have to pay for, but you don't need Sky Sport Package to get Eurosports.

I have the Sky TV Family bundle. But no Sports Package. I've always had it. What annoyed me was they took off Extreme Sports Channel altogether!

Just have the SKY Sports F1 and the main reason being there's so much more both before and after that's of interest to me and mine - I like to follow both the politics and the technical aspects; the race itself is just something that goes on in-between

Plus SKY Sports F1 doesn't have any 'ball' stuff; I much prefer sports involving motors with engines that go: suck, compress, bang, and exhaust...:racer:

OK, for me it's STARTED already with an entertaining drivers press conference: Lewis wearing a new multi-layer bicycle chain and Sebastian disclosing the name of his 2016 Ferrari, Margareta; which is not the same, or so he claims, as the pizza - Margherita: like I say there's so much more both before and after that's of interest to me and mine and that's why we've SKY Sports F1 :racer:

Last edited:
Free Practice 1 and 2 done and dusted and boy is it quiet over team radios... I like it! :racer:

Well Nico blotted his copy book, not a great start to 2016. Not what the teams wanted I am sure and not so good for the rookies going into qualifying with potentially only FP3 as dry running.

Still no the wiser after fp1&2, as it's been wet. Happy to see Lewis quickest obviously, but where are the Ferraris? McLaren seems more midfield'ish also, which is good to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.