Which anti-freeze?

Mindak

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi guys got a slight ongoing issue with coolant loss so need to top it up weekly!
Is there any compatible coolant other than g12 as its pretty expensive when it's disappearing!

Could I just get pink from anywhere?

Thanks

Halfords Advanced OAT antifreeze meets Audi specs. is what I use in mine. can't remember the price.
Comes ready mixed as well

I would not mix VW coolant, you could end up with a lot of sludge in your system & even more problems. Find your local TPS and get G13 for there, it's about 50% cheaper than what dealers charge.

So g13 is compatible, I think it's purple though not pink.. Does that matter?

Like I said , G12 , G12+ and G13 all mix with each other, phone a dealer or TPS .

G13 is purple .

I would not mix VW coolant, you could end up with a lot of sludge in your system & even more problems. Find your local TPS and get G13 for there, it's about 50% cheaper than what dealers charge.
Nothing wrong with mixing it as long as they are all the same spec G12 G12+ and G13 can all be mixed together

Nothing wrong with mixing it as long as they are all the same spec G12 G12+ and G13 can all be mixed together

Not talking about the VW G range, I'm on about mixing VW coolant with aftermarket (Halfords, etc)

You did not stipulate aftermarket just VW coolant .

Yes , don't mix VW with aftermarket blue etc.

Not talking about the VW G range, I'm on about mixing VW coolant with aftermarket (Halfords, etc)
They are all made to the same spec, i have mixed them and it's fine.This is the pink/redish colour