Retrofitting heated side mirrors

Excellion

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently retrofitted heated side mirrors ( mine weren't heated). There were heating wires so i thought why not, read people having success with just changing the glass. MINE DON'T WORK

Tried turning on and off rear window defroster(which works just fine) the mirrors dont heat up
The mirror adjusting knob is in the middle position
Hooked it up with a tester, tried all mirror adjustment positions, on/off rear defroster - nothing ;(

Snowflake symbol was on while driving, mirrors still didn't heat up.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be happening? a lot of people are saying just replacing the glass worked for them. Im confused :(

Audi A3 8p 2004 3door 2.0tdi

Have you tried coding them? I don't think I've ever come across a coding setting for them but there might be?

Yes there is on EACH door

Add 32 for heated mirrors
944c49d454e82bb8ad31ff804519f9aa.jpg

There you go, hopefully you can understand binary lol

If you don't just post up the total soft code figure so we can decipher it for you

Thanks guys. I don't have vag com yet, so i know what im getting for xmas :)

Contact " NHN " on here, he sells the genuine cables and is probably the cheapest in the uk

Reactions: Excellion
Hey,

It's been a while but i got VCDS, added the code +32 to both door modules, when checking them with output tests hey work just fine, but they don't come up while driving. Outside temperature is 0C, adjustment knob is in neutral position, and the rear window heater is turned on, and the mirrors still don't come on. Any ideas?

They don't heat up, they are cold to the touch and don't demist

No, The audi centre didn't have them in stock, so i got aftermarket ones. But they work fine when you do output tests with vcds.