2011 S4 Computer Shutting Off While Driving

LuckyTune

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can shed some light on the potential cause of what I assume is one of the computers in my S4 shutting off while i was driving today.

Conditions: Stop/start (bumper to bumper) driving in fairly hot sunny weather (32-34 degrees celsius)

Symptoms: While driving, the MMI quickly turned off and back on again (within a second) twice, and then the third time shut off completely - as well as this the multi function display in the instrument cluster also shut off and i lost most auxiliary controls as well (indicators, windows, air conditioning etc), also got ASB, traction control and ( ! ) warning lights on the dash.
I pulled over, turned the engine off, at which time the clock and date appeared as normal on the MFD. I started the car again and everything worked for a couple of minuted and then repeated the above and shut off.
I turned the car off for 10 minutes and then started again and drove home (10 minute drive) and everything seemed fine.

I am thinking maybe the computer overheated and shut itself down, which is worrying considering we are coming into summer here in Australia and hot days will be common.

Any other thoughts on potential issues/causes? Could someone tell me if the above mentioned systems are all run by the same computer or separate?

Unfortunately not, would the check engine light be on if there was a code?

unfortunately can't print from this scanner but codes below

That's one big list of fault codes!!! It looks like you've had a massive power surge which has affected all the systems.

Get the error codes cleared and then see if it happens again as it might be just one of those things - if not then you've got a problem with either your battery or alternator most likely.