Wierd door problem

nothingness

Reaction score
Got a problem with the passenger door, it was intermittent but has become a lot more common occurance.

When I unlock the car the door won't open. I have to get inside and open it from inside via the handle... then it works until locked again. Sometimes it works as usual. Lately it has not been working...when it is ******* it down outside. 2007 a3 3 door.

I can't know for certain but it doesn't seem to be an unlocking issue. It certainly always locks - I have to check it - but sometimes doesn't open.

Any ideas? I would probably want to fix this myself. Can't be hard surely?

I think the car is a bit of a duffer, had 4 of these 8p's now, all of them were great but in 2 months on a 60k mileage car the following broke

a pin that holds parcel shelf up
dsg gearbox getting a bit "funky"
theres a small crack in the cd player button - it doesn't line up properly so you see the illumination through it
headlights clouding up
headliner droops at the back

Chances are this car was made on a friday at 5pm or something?

The metal rod/lever that connects the door handle to the lock may have slipped, try removing the door card & inner trim to gain access & adjust the fixing, then test.

Gearbox oil and filter change and resetting the adaptions on the DSG box helps to cure much of the funky-ness.