LED fog lights

B7wragg

Reaction score
My fog lights are beginning to look a bit scabby..
I was wondering if any one has found an LED alternative unit to swap them with..
As the car is running led sides and Xenons it would be nice to match the colour out put of the fogs..

Cheers

I'd also like to get an answer on this. I have factory Xenon's on my B7 and I'm looking to change my fogs to LED. I have found some LED bulbs on eBay for cheap, H11 fitment bulbs I think they are.

Did they ever come in a projector type bulb from factory? That would suit really well IMO

I was going to go down the route of LED replacements for the fog lights......but due to the B7 being really sensitive towards LED's unless you fit resistors I took a punt on a set of these as replacements http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-h11-12v-55w-super-white-hid-class-upgrade-bulbs/ but he now does 4750K

These are my 4350K in the fog lights

Bulbs_zpseut2o8ur.jpg

Reactions: Pedrödelabongo
Are they just plug n play lamps or do they need the rest of the hid kit..?

They are just normal filament bulbs that look loser to the OEM xenon colour, so fully plug and play. Fitted some myself recently. They match fairly well, not perfect, but you'd probably go through several LED sets anyway to get the perfect match, so I'd say this is a much better option than LED

Spot on.. Will get some HIDs for main beam projectors while I'm on it

I bought T8rups super white halogen bulbs for mine with incorporated resistors. They look very similar to the ones in your link.

Same direction here guys.

Ive got super white 55w Halogen H11's which are around 6000k light colour to match my HID 6000k dipped beams.

If ever going down the route of LED fogs, make sure they have a load resistor with them AND most importantly you see what equivalent 'lumens' the LED's are.

Meaning, lots of LED company will boast low power high brigtness expressed in Watts. But what you should only compare are 'lumens'.

Eg. a 55w Halogen bulb will be around 15w for an LED bulb. The equivalent lumen Will be 900 LM.

Bottom line, you do not want a LED bulb for your H11 fogs below 900 Lumens. Otherwise they will have sh*t lighting power.

Alternatively, go for Xenon Fogs just like the dipped H7's.

Hope this helps..

Just a side note, but kelvin rating is just as important if you want them to match your headlights etc!

I got ice white halogens off t8ups match my xenon s well ,very happy how they look ☺