Auxillary Heater

Zac

Reaction score
Quick one, does the 2.0 TDI (BKD) come with an auxiliary heater as standard?

My car seems to take ages to heat up when the weather is cold, and I've read that these units should blow warm/hot air within 1 minute.

Thanks

Don't think so, I had a bkd a few years back and tried to activate it on vcds and it didn't work anyway

Yeah I didn't think it did, but it's giving an error code of 00361 (aux heater); I don't know whether a previous owner has maybe tried to activate it with VCDS. Suppose I'll have to take a bit of a dash apart and have a look to be sure, just wondered if anybody knew for sure and could save me the effort.

Thanks

I've got almost immediate heat in the cold, though I couldn't say whether it is standard or not.

Is yours a 2.0 BKD?

My mrs has a 2007 1.9 BXE TDI 105 A3 and hers heats up so much faster!

If it does have one, the heater temp has to be set at or above 90% of maximum and if you have that econ button that should be off.

It's enabled in the VCDS, but as said earlier; I'm aware that a previous owner has used VCDS to code in retrofits etc so he may have played with it.

Or are you saying there's a way to find out which modules/codes were installed from factory?

Aux heater would be be an option from new. Wife's A3 BKD takes just a little longer to warm up in the winter, it's just the nature of a DERV motor.

Aux heater would be be an option from new. Wife's A3 BKD takes just a little longer to warm up in the winter, it's just the nature of a DERV motor.

I think they all have auxiliary electric heater.

You may be talking about the other cabin heater that runs of diesel? Similar to the ones trucks have?

Think you have the terminology wrong. Supplementary Heating is what you are talking about and Auxiliary Heating is the one that is on a timer controlled by the DIS & a seperate remote control.
I'm sure the Supplementary Heating is still an option as in the handbook it refers to it as "When Fitted".
There is probably an option code for this but I don't know what it is.

Think you have the terminology wrong. Supplementary Heating is what you are talking about and Auxiliary Heating

I may have.

I know for sure that the diesels have the electric one to help with demisting before the engine warms up.