Securing boxes in the Avant Boot

lukus89

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi,
Hoping someone can help or has some experience with this..

I have 2 plastic boxes that I use to keep cabling and tools in the boot. The problem is these move, and there isn't anything to secure them in place.

Anyone got any idea's on the best way to secure them in place so they don't move? links if possible?

thanks!

Put more boxes in until they are all crammed together and can't move!

I had 2 engines and 3 cardboard boxes in today, ideal as they were all nice and tight.

If they are the same boxes all the time you could make up a shallow frame to hold them in place.

Thanks for replies but netting ain't really what am after, I'll grab a pic but for now, imagine 2 boxes next to the seats, that fit across the entire boot, taking up 1/3 of the entire space,

Can't put more boxes in need the space at the front for other stuff, I just need something that will stop those 2 boxes moving.

Make up a removable frame out of 2" x 2" timber which has rectangles for the boxes to sit in and is wide enough to contact the sides of the boot. You could use straps to connect to the lashing eyes in the boot corners if you need more security.

Put the hook side of velcro on the bottom, you can get self adhesive velcro or just get regular stuff and glue it on.

Can you rig up something with the retaining hooks for the cargo net? Maybe a couple of bungee cords from the hooks to the headrests.

Velcro, great shout! Thank you'

Yes, they have. But not very good for loose boxes.

Ideal for big heavy things and for securing a cargo net

On mine i have the adjustable straight bar and the fabric securing strap too, would imagine it would be rather expensive to buy from audi though. Maybe worth checking out some car breakers

Lukus, I use little rubber door/window wedges. They're about an inch and a half long. They don't mark anything. Nothing slides anywhere.