She has arrived

Mythos is plain RG lol Panther is king

Panther is a pain to maintain and not a real Black. Even snake had problems with it. I like it but not enough to counter the negatives and browny hues.

Not had Mythos yet but several Phantom Black cars which always looked great.

It's down to choice I suppose and if you own something you will overly defend your choice.

My Black will have black pack, alu mirrors and tits. Thinking I may wrap the mirrors!

Reactions: Spaceman_RS3
Panther is a pain to maintain and not a real Black. Even snake had problems with it. I like it but not enough to counter the negatives and browny hues.

It's down to choice I suppose and if you own something you will overly defend your choice.

My Black will have black pack, alu mirrors and tits. Thinking I may wrap the mirrors!
Ave been had how come I'm not getting tits on my car. Ave just been told there will be just one big one in it lol

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Should have studied the brochure more carefully mate. Tits look great and were standard on wife's BE

BE? That the a3 yous have?

Still waiting for March RG? Any further forward with trading the a3 and getting a runabout?

Nope wife had 8P BE Black Black with Tits as standard. The white one is a1.4 150 COD as no BE yet in 8V.
Haven't sold the White 15 plate but it's on Autotrader for a month. Would rather not px .

Cool got you RG good luck with the trader soon as new year over am sure you will have some luck with it

We all get things wrong T,
Am glad to see your embracing team Panther tho lol

Never get anything wrong me

Had a panther black A3 TDi as a second car a while back, didn't get on with it so sold it within 6 months

Mythos so much better.

You could get the carbon fibre mirror caps ? :sunglasses:

As for paint, it's not just the panther black 'crystal' which was hard to maintain ... estoril blue is metallic and equally just as hard.

I think the new Audi paints are much softer than they used to be so very easily prone to chipping & swirling.

Silver & white go a long way to off set these issues.

Estoril Blue was stopped due to mismatch complaints I believe. Not sure I agree that silver and white are any easier. Cleaned this yesterday and now filthy after 10 miles!
b382703f7c5a0433a5f3be45cd4cfad0.jpg

Yes I believe they stopped estoril as it was a difficult colour to match up for any repairs or re-sprays .... ran for approx a year I think.

I think you must have dirtier roads in your area than me RG :)

Full of pot holes and a Tory council spending money on 20mph traffic calming outside their mates house rather than filling them in.

Yeah pretty good road surfaces in my area so quite lucky in that respect.

Never get anything wrong me

Had a panther black A3 TDi as a second car a while back, didn't get on with it so sold it within 6 months

Mythos so much better.

Did they have Panther as an option on A3Tdi, thought it was an S/RS option unless you spend £2k+ on exclusive??

Reactions: T-800
Nah mate .... Regular metallic with just single fleck.

Lovely shade of blue though and quite rare with it being a limited run.

As they say... I'm not arguing with you.. but you are wrong!

Estoril Blue Crystal effect code KO £775 option along with Panther Black Crystal effect -Code H8 ( Source -August 2013 S3 Brochure)

Get a grip Snake, you will have folks believing that silver is the new black next !! ;-)

Just checked and yeah I stand corrected, you are right ... Estoril is crystal ????? :wtf:

I thought the 'crystal effect' was to do with the extra colours in the fleck like I had on the panther black TTS. Describing estoril as crystal feels misleading to me as it's just got a single silvery fleck like metallic.

Maybe that would explain why the paint is such hard work again then ! :whip:

The crystal is to do with the flecks, they are just more pronounced in Panther than the Estoril. Don't get me wrong they are nice colours but a ****** to clean and repair, hence I steer clear.

I suspect T-800 is talking about the FOC (nearly) Brilliant Black which is also a pain to keep looking good as it's a solid paint. Phantom (and I hope Mythos) are a dream in comparison with these 3 in my experience.

Cheers
RG

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Thank god floret is regular metallic then.

Crystal is clearly a fancy audi term instead of metallic or pearl !!!

Had another look today.

295e5eb09dd781852cdba0bf7827a83b.jpg

2ae6c2134e7a9e97a65c66cff5ed16c1.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and jimojameso
Had another look today.

295e5eb09dd781852cdba0bf7827a83b.jpg

2ae6c2134e7a9e97a65c66cff5ed16c1.jpg

Ha ha don't blame you & reckon I would be the same :)

Surprised that more people haven't gone for that colour combination .... as it looks great and is the colour scheme Audi have used in most of thier advertising for the RS3.

The next 2 months will pass REALLY quick though don't worry .... I am sure of this as I will be picking mine up around the 1st week of March too :)

Reactions: RGBARGEE
Where are the protective covers and bump strips?
Outdoor in a tight car park without them - I would be collecting it immediately.

Reactions: Terminator x and Marshy
Corrrrr mate. The Catalunya red is amazing.

I think that has made up my mind, although with no style pack and titanium look wheels.

Reactions: RYuill and Snake Pliskin
If the audi tracker is correct my car has just arrived at the dealer!!

Reactions: Princess RS3
Our cars have been following each other, my car is at the dealers also. Looking for a 1st March Delivery. Ordered 14th Sept, I must have picked up a cancelled build slot looking at other posts on the forum

Great . I ordered at similar time but amended an August pre order. Going to take a look on Saturday

Great . I ordered at similar time but amended an August pre order. Going to take a look on Saturday
It is do I don't I, if I see it I will want it NOW. Has your dealer been in touch telling you it has arrived. I have heard virtually nothing from them since I placed the order

Think i need to unsubscribe to these threads.. really really really want to go and order 1 but really can't just now.. :-( ;-(

If there is a deal to be done I might take it earlier but unlikely. If they insist I will cancel and go and buy a Golf R which if you listen to some on here is far better. (Joke!!)

I see you have still maintained your sense of humour considering what's going on in your life

I have my moments ginger. Still a bit raw at times but trying to focus on future and family. Life goes on and no point moping for too long. Had 8 bad months and in her last few weeks Mrs did tell me to to get myself a replacement newer more reliable model! Is there a section on this Forum?