A7 brought home, condensation in headlights?

jay777

Reaction score
hi,

got my xmas pressie today, chuffed with the drive back home!

what is this though - looks like there's moisture inside??

2015-12-24%2014.17.23_zpslq9rrx8y.jpg

2015-12-24%2014.17.03_zpsefwhu3n2.jpg

The headlights are designed to cope with this via the vents on the back.
Will most likely be just where the ambient temp inside the light has been warmer than outside.
Usually when a car has been inside then brought outside.
Keep an eye on it should stop once it's gone

Check the rear covers havnt come loose.

The official fix or this is actually to blow dry the headlight dry inside the workshop, if it returns they then raise a warranty claim.

It happens & tbh I just advise clients to let it clear up by itself as its not worth the trouble as its not often enough usually to go to audi for.

Thanks, let's see I've sent the photos to Audi as well, will keep you posted.
J

Couple of more niggles:

1. One of my keys unlock the car no issue but when I try to start the car it says 'Key not recognised, hold back of key against marked area.' When I do that it starts. Low battery in the key I guess?

2. Windows get foggy when the A/C is off, system set to Auto, is that normal?

My 2011 A8 shows identical condensation in the light units, one of the units was replaced just a few months ago due to a breakage and it also has condensation in the unit. May be caused by the drl's ? But if any consolation it seems to be "normal" And as above foggy, especially the back window quite often.. AC clears it pretty rapid though.. Enjoy your car.

I have the same issues with the condensation in the headlights too. The ones in my A4 used to do it too. Guess its an Audi thing.

I've also found mine does fog up alot easier than the A4 did, but read somewhere its a pretty common thing on the A7s, its easy enough to get used to, i just have my heaters on low all the time.
The only other thing is the drivers and passenger windows, when i put them down and then back up again, the inside of the glass has moisture on it, and it drives me barmy! As it dries with droplet marks on the window and when i clean my car now i always have to do both sides. Not good.

Spoke to the dealer today. Im told it's normal. Tbh the condensation has gone down a lot by now.

Window thingy you mention - can't help it I guess being a frameless door design.